BCA Expo

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
How many other mechanics will be going to the BCA Trade Show in Vegas in July? Would any of you like to meet up sometime?

ChesapeakeBlrds

Chesapeake Billiards
Silver Member
How many other mechanics will be going to the BCA Trade Show in Vegas in July? Would any of you like to meet up sometime?

Have fun at the show. Supposed to have only 80-100 booths this year, I will start attending again when the BCA actually supports our industry.

Club Billiards

Silver Member
Have fun at the show. Supposed to have only 80-100 booths this year, I will start attending again when the BCA actually supports our industry.

I hear ya. Kind of an "I'll support them as soon as they support me first" outlook, but I get your resentment.

I just enjoy the show every year, and it's a great opportunity to meet and chat with other industry people. We always meet a few new people and enjoy talking to the people we already knew.

ChesapeakeBlrds

Chesapeake Billiards
Silver Member
I hear ya. Kind of an "I'll support them as soon as they support me first" outlook, but I get your resentment.

I just enjoy the show every year, and it's a great opportunity to meet and chat with other industry people. We always meet a few new people and enjoy talking to the people we already knew.

Why would I, as a retailer, send them several hundred dollars a year for a window decal and free entrance to a trade show of less than 100 vendors?

I will support them, when they support OUR industry.

Club Billiards

Silver Member
Why would I, as a retailer, send them several hundred dollars a year for a window decal and free entrance to a trade show of less than 100 vendors?

I will support them, when they support OUR industry.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I've had conversations and plan on having more this year about there being basically no benefits for a mechanic other than getting into the show. For me though, attending the show is always good for us, if only on a social level to get more name recognition. We always get much more than that out of it though, but I do respect your perspective. I thought the same thing when I was managing a room and not attending the show every year. The only benefit I saw was being able to put a sticker in the window. But hey, I'll still support the industry wherever I can.