best cuemakers

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a Skip Weston. And would probably always will. I think Dennis Searing is one of the best , also Mike Lambros...

jdxprs

Banned
cant say he's top ten or anything like that, but a local cue maker for my area named allen phelps is putting out some REALLY nice cues.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I've only ever owned 2 custom cues in my entire life. One was a bludworth which I sold foolishly and the other is my Jim Buss custom.

Here's my list of 10 cuemakers who I would Love to get a cue from. Reading, looking, listening, and browsing are the methods I used to compile this list.

1) G or B Szamboti
2) Pete Tascarella
3) Joel Hercek
4) Bill Stroud
5) Dennis Searing
6) Richard Black
7) Jerry Franklin
8) Tim Scruggs
9) Paul Mottey
10) Bill Schick

Honestly though, aesthetically speaking, I've never seen a Tascarella or a Scruggs I didn't like the look of.

Pretty damn good list IMHO... I wish we could get a complete tally just to see who the overall favorites are according to the AZ posters.....

Jim Kuykendall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one has mentioned John Robinson. He has some absolutely beautiful designs. John makes his joint with the pin in the shaft. While it is extremely strong and gives a great hit, most players are turned off by it. Too bad, his work is second to none. I had the butt of one of his cues re-wrapped. The guy doing the wrap told me it was the straightest butt he had ever seen. robinsoncues.com

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kent Davis, of S. CA

I had the pleasure yesterday of spending a few hours with Kent Davis, of KD Custom Cues. He is one heck of a cuemaker, including some surprising, and interesting changes in forearm design, as well as low deflection shafts. He cores most of his cues, so even the fancy designs have complete strength, and play beautifully. I saw one cue, in the building stages, that I think I'm going to have to put my own name on! LOL If you're in S. CA, be sure to check out Kent Davis cues.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Complete agreement

I had the pleasure yesterday of spending a few hours with Kent Davis, of KD Custom Cues. He is one heck of a cuemaker, including some surprising, and interesting changes in forearm design, as well as low deflection shafts. He cores most of his cues, so even the fancy designs have complete strength, and play beautifully. I saw one cue, in the building stages, that I think I'm going to have to put my own name on! LOL If you're in S. CA, be sure to check out Kent Davis cues.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Kent makes a great cue. A true crafstman, and a hellava good guy. Oh yeah-and he can play a bit.

3railkick

:smash:Kent kicks my butt every time we play. Not a surprising result.