Best Playing Cue Builder

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes it is subjective. Who builds the best playing cue with no cnc inlay work? Examples would be Eric of Sugar Tree, Joey of Bautista and Tony of Guerra. Cues with 1000 inlays really are not meant to play with. Shooter08

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
My full spice Sugartree is a favorite as a playing cue. Anyone who tries it is blown away. I get offers for it all the time, but i know better than to let it go.

CAM cues are amazing players. Chad knows how to make a cue. He likes classic styles, which suits me just fine. I have been playing with one for 5 months now. Took a few weeks to adjust, but loving everything about it.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I can ever get rid of my Joey Bautista or Sugartree. Both play fantastic, they move the cue with such little effort.

TrxR

My favorite right now is my Jim Pierce with a Whyte Carbon shaft. My Treadway plays nice as well.

I still pull out my old Vking and put my whyte carbon on it from time to time.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes it is subjective. Who builds the best playing cue with no cnc inlay work? Examples would be Eric of Sugar Tree, Joey of Bautista and Tony of Guerra. Cues with 1000 inlays really are not meant to play with. Shooter08
So many answers. I’m confused at your question, or you’re sort of asking something else. CNC doesn’t mean 1000 inlays. Inlays doesn’t mean anything to playability.

But here’s some answers that might be confusing:

Tascarella
Dennis Searing
John Showman

come to mind. They all do inlays. No CNCs. All meant to be played.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you know it’s subjective then why ask the question that has no answer

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
So many answers. I’m confused at your question, or you’re sort of asking something else. CNC doesn’t mean 1000 inlays. Inlays doesn’t mean anything to playability.

Tascarella
Dennis Searing
John Showman

and one of them will actually send you a cue after sending him your money

Flakeandrun

See, I read this thread title as the cue-builder who is the best player, not who makes the best playing cue 😂 I was curious lol

Seeing as it's about cues, I cannot fault the Larry Vigus cue I own. Such a subjective question. Have played with a handful of others when I was looking for a new cue, but not for a prolonged period. They all had points I liked or disliked, but everyone adjusts to the cue they are using. I really like the two or three Tonkin cues I have hit with. Tad, SW, Zen, Omen, Lambros were all nice too. Although the TAD was quite old, and felt particularly nice in my hand. Couldn't tell you why.

I was considering picking up a Guerra recently. Still might. Was balancing it against a Tonkin. Hoping to hit with both first before making a big purchase.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member

Tascarella
Dennis Searing
John Showman

Assuming they built the cue without inlays, I agree completely. Looking for builders who don’t use CNC for inlays for this list. Plenty of great playing cues with inlays, when I say 1000 inlays I mean BB, PFD, Wayne, Zen. Pieces of art.