Best Tip on the Market - soft to medium

chenjy9

I've been partial to the Zan tip on my Mezz, though the Navigator Alpha Soft felt really good once it hardened up a bit. Before that, I really liked the Triangle tip that came on my McDermott E-F3.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Kamikaze Premium brown soft is pretty damn good tip for the price, even the normal brown ones are good in my opinion. Don't like their Elite series at least the medium I had tried glazed over wayyyyy to quickly.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a soft tip guy but friends that use the Ultraskin soft tips swear by them. They make three in the Black line: soft, ssoft and pro soft. Great tips and a steal at 3bux a copy.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive gone back to Triangles. I'll order 5 and do the drop them in water test. Sink, throw away. They play great like a medium tip only little softer imo. Hold their shape like a 20 year Olds breasts. They eat chalk better than any layered tip. I even break 9 ball with my Joss and they don't flatten. Of course I only get to break once a session bc I never win. :unsure:
What does it mean when they sink? The same test is used on coffee beans.

FunChamp

Just read in several threads on here that the ones that float were the better tips. I don't think Triangles would make a good cup of Joe.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamikaze Premium brown soft is pretty damn good tip for the price, even the normal brown ones are good in my opinion. Don't like their Elite series at least the medium I had tried glazed over wayyyyy to quickly.
Hi, I will order some premium kamikaze and I would like to know your feeling concerning the hardness of the soft and medium, is the hardness comparable to others soft for soft and medium for medium or the premium are on the softer or harder side? Thanks!

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
softer tips deform on impact and have longer contact time. That probably won’t make a huge difference on centered shots, but should increase spin rate on english
I’mma gonna have to watch that stuff again. I could have sworn that the whole point of those vids was that the increase in contact time was negligible...

Can I consistently hit at the outer limit with just a fuzz below a stop shot every time. I’ll keep trying.

It’s not the tip it’s the consistent tip placement and stroke.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Hi, I will order some premium kamikaze and I would like to know your feeling concerning the hardness of the soft and medium, is the hardness comparable to others soft for soft and medium for medium or the premium are on the softer or harder side? Thanks!
I would consider the S a medium soft and it breaks in nicely.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would consider the S a medium soft and it breaks in nicely.
Excellent, medium soft is what i love to play, Thank You Very Much!! 👌

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've mostly gravitated towards soft tips and really like the Kamuis I had recently. Also really liked a Tiger Everest I had, but once I replaced it with a second one, it didn't play like the first.

So, my question to you pool nuts is: what is the best tip on the market rn that I should try over just putting another Kamui on my main player?
For my money Ultra Skins.

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
I've mostly gravitated towards soft tips and really like the Kamuis I had recently. Also really liked a Tiger Everest I had, but once I replaced it with a second one, it didn't play like the first.

So, my question to you pool nuts is: what is the best tip on the market rn that I should try over just putting another Kamui on my main player?

Elk Master.

No, I'm not trolling. If you like soft tip, this is the one. Worked for Efren. Also, one of the most popular tips in the snooker world. And these are guys who can really shoot. In other words, this tip is NOT holding anyone back in terms of accuracy, spin or anything else for that matter.

Plus, you save a lot of money. The layered tips don't do anything better. They don't avoid mushrooming. Some even are worse, due to delamination, or glue rings....

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Clear Black in a soft or super soft…….I use them on my cues and am very pleased.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member

Excellent, medium soft is what i love to play, Thank You Very Much!! 👌
No problem, I have a feeling you will dig them!

I'm not a soft tip guy but friends that use the Ultraskin soft tips swear by them. They make three in the Black line: soft, ssoft and pro soft. Great tips and a steal at 3bux a copy.
Just bought a shaft ss360 with an ultraskin medium, this is a nice tip,always been a moori med guy,I'm really impressed with this tip,but more so with the BD SS 360 shaft

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

its been 6 months since your thread started
now that its been resurrected
what have you tried and your impressions please?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Do we need a subforum for tips?
It seems a new post about tips pops up every week.
Perhaps someone can make the search button larger?
Just spitballing here.

Zerksies

Kamui was workin fine so put another one on and can't complain. Very consistent tip to tip.
I go though tips about every three months. I've probably changed about 6-7 in the last year between both my shafts. And they are very consistent from tip to tip. I have not found a difference in feel on any of the tips.

I think my game has gotten better using a REVO shaft and a very consistent Kamui tip.