Best Tournament Directors in Country

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think mainly cuz mike takes no shit from any of the players. He has in the past kicked out people like Ryan McCreesh, robbie Saez, and Marty herman. Mike don't enjoy doing this but sometime it has to be done. personall i think it was the best thing that happened to Robbie Saez. cuz since he has been banned up here he moved south and his game has taken off tremendously. even Robbie would have to agree...oh,by the way..ryan is back playing on mike"s tour...............................mike

sharandrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a director

Still have only a few responses as to what people can do itthe job!! what they charge?? and how they would get job done??? with what staff?? that is what i would like to know!!

thanks

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
The PHOENIX said:
Me thinks that Viking Tour guy is pretty good.

That's the guy named Mike, I mentioned in my earlier post! :D Geez, he's a great guy, known him for years! Would do business with him any time!

MikeJanis

Banned
sharandrew said:
Still have only a few responses as to what people can do itthe job!! what they charge?? and how they would get job done??? with what staff?? that is what i would like to know!!

thanks

Are you looking for a quote for a job or just inquiring?

If you are looking for someone that can successfully direct, promote and MC an event please give me a call. I would be happy to give you a price for directing an event.

Respectfully,

Mike Janis

sharandrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More infor please

Getting some good ideas but no real contact numbers or emails etc....
There are many people who can run a big tournament besides the ones posted, iam ambitious and want to know every one capable thanks all

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sharandrew said:
Getting some good ideas but no real contact numbers or emails etc....
There are many people who can run a big tournament besides the ones posted, iam ambitious and want to know every one capable thanks all
First of all, you seem to be asking for a lot of information, without saying what you are doing.

Are you actually planning an event and you seriously want to hire one of these people, or are you doing research for a term paper? You have to be more specific on your end.

I'm sure these people charge different rates, based on the size and level of the tournament. Any quote you would get on this forum would not be realistic. You need a quote directly from the people involved.

I don't believe anyone will, or should, post phone numbers or email addresses, for these people, in a public forum.

Most of these people shouldn't be too hard to contact. Mike Janis has offered to give you a quote, if you send him a PM. I'm sure you can contact Scott Smith through one of the promoters who he works for, like Barry Berhman of the U.S. Open. You can contact Mike Zuglan via his website for the Joss Tour.

I think you have received a lot of leads through this thread. If you are really serious about hiring one of these excellent tournament directors, it is time for you to get off of your butt and contact them directly. Anything you need, in addition to what has been mentioned here, is confidential information and should be between you and the people involved. JMHO.

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
First of all, you seem to be asking for a lot of information, without saying what you are doing.

Are you actually planning an event and you seriously want to hire one of these people, or are you doing research for a term paper? You have to be more specific on your end.

I'm sure these people charge different rates, based on the size and level of the tournament. Any quote you would get on this forum would not be realistic. You need a quote directly from the people involved.

I don't believe anyone will, or should, post phone numbers or email addresses, for these people, in a public forum.

Most of these people shouldn't be too hard to contact. Mike Janis has offered to give you a quote, if you send him a PM. I'm sure you can contact Scott Smith through one of the promoters who he works for, like Barry Berhman of the U.S. Open. You can contact Mike Zuglan via his website for the Joss Tour.

I think you have received a lot of leads through this thread. If you are really serious about hiring one of these excellent tournament directors, it is time for you to get off of your butt and contact them directly. Anything you need, in addition to what has been mentioned here, is confidential information and should be between you and the people involved. JMHO.

Rich,

I along with a good majority of people on this forum know who sharandrew is. From his post, he is not on a fishing excursion, he is planning an event. He is asking a lot of questions because he is looking into possibly changing his tournament direction and there is a lot of people on this board that would like his account. :D

My information as a promoter, and director is public information and is listed below my signature. My quotes are not public but all of my contact info is. He is not asking for a public quote from anyone and I think that you have miss read his intent. :confused:

This is a public forum for questions such as what he has asked. I am not sure why I feel you are attacking his motives? Please advise....:)

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
Rich,

I along with a good majority of people on this forum know who sharandrew is. From his post, he is not on a fishing excursion, he is planning an event. He is asking a lot of questions because he is looking into possibly changing his tournament direction and there is a lot of people on this board that would like his account. :D

My information as a promoter, and director is public information and is listed below my signature. My quotes are not public but all of my contact info is. He is not asking for a public quote from anyone and I think that you have miss read his intent. :confused:

This is a public forum for questions such as what he has asked. I am not sure why I feel you are attacking his motives? Please advise....:)
Eydie, I'm sorry, but I have no idea who this person is, nor do I know what event they are planning. I guess I am in the minority on this forum.

I didn't mean to attack, but after several posts asking for more information, including the cost, without stating exactly what he was looking for, and being fairly vague, he made me very suspicious.

I have since received a PM from him and he gave me a small amount of additional information, which I think should have been posted publically, from the beginning.

As it seems he and his event may be legitimate, I suggested that he contact you, as well as one other party. For what he is looking for, I think qualified people fall on a very short list. I don't think their are too many people in the country with experience running an event with the numbers that he quoted to me.

Sorry if I came off a little bit brash, but I have seen other fishing expeditions on the forums, in the past, and I thought everyone could use a little clarification. I guess I was the only one that need clarification.

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
Eydie, I'm sorry, but I have no idea who this person is, nor do I know what event they are planning. I guess I am in the minority on this forum.

I didn't mean to attack, but after several posts asking for more information, including the cost, without stating exactly what he was looking for, and being fairly vague, he made me very suspicious.

I have since received a PM from him and he gave me a small amount of additional information, which I think should have been posted publically, from the beginning.

As it seems he and his event may be legitimate, I suggested that he contact you, as well as one other party. For what he is looking for, I think qualified people fall on a very short list. I don't think their are too many people in the country with experience running an event with the numbers that he quoted to me.

Sorry if I came off a little bit brash, but I have seen other fishing expeditions on the forums, in the past, and I thought everyone could use a little clarification. I guess I was the only one that need clarification.

Thanks for the clarification Rich! You rock!:)

Hugs, Eydie

PS... Agreed.... Evelyn and Danny are extreemly seasoned for the job as well! They run a top notch show, and a good choice!

nineballcc

Shortest Director In Town
Silver Member
I'm here representing the Tiger Planet Pool Tour. Sorry it took so long to get on the bandwagon - I took a well deserved weekend off! My contact details are below as well if you want to discuss. We do use a computer program but we also use manual charts. Send a PM, e-mail me or call at (703)989-6473.

Thanks,

katlee

best tournament director

I think the best tournament director in the country is Ted Bristow (bwppa)
because since i have been playing which has not been very long. Ted has not olny held some great tournaments which he has a computer program to make the draw fair. He has also helped in get all the best equipment and has become like a friend to all the bwppa members. He is a great man with many years experience and does not mind sharing his wisdom, He is alway on the end off the phone if you have any problems.:)