Best value for a white modern pool table

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, wife agreed to having a pool table in the family room of the new Las Vegas house, ON THE CONDITION that it match the rest of the furniture....:eek:

in other words, modern and white (possibly chrome/stainless steel)

Olhausen makes this one in the pic, Aragon makes a cheaper version (see link).....comments, suggestions? Better choices??

(Due to space 7 foot fits best, possibly 8 foot with some tight spots)

Thanks

https://www.ozonebilliards.com/prod...hite?msclkid=1d710104dba01c1284945d3cdac2b14c

Attachments

• white west end.jpg
    white west end.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 980

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Olhausen model looks like a bit sturdier / better table than the Aragon model. You might want to take out the black bases from underneath, unless Shaq is planning on dropping by to shoot some with you! - LOL

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if you called up Diamond, if they could paint you a white 7' Professional (Not a Pro-AM). The Professional is much better looking and the wife will probably like it better.

You can also get it without the "DIAMOND" logo cut into the end. Without that logo would go better in a living room.

I know they have an oak version that is offered in black paint. I saw that at the Derby. It looked good, the only thing I personally didn't like is you could still see the pores of the oak wood. I'd use maple wood, and paint it. Then the pores would be closed, and it will be very smooth. Of course, that's me spending your money;)

Good luck.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say the Olhausen would be the better of the two choices. The slate on the Aragon is only 3/4".

Now an earlier poster mentioned something about a good used Diamond with a pro paint job. That would be a great option as well, or you could get a nice restored Gold Crown I. If your wife wants white and chrome the GC I would definitely fit the bill.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a Gold crown 5 in white can be bought at Ft Worth Billiards

Ft Worth,Texas

very rare and the best Gold Crown ever

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I'm subscribed to the belief that, if given the choice, you should "practice" on the same tables you play in league. That said, even if you don't currently play leagues, it might be in your best interest to find out what's commonly used in your area, in case someday you do. Moving pool tables in/out every couple years probably isn't something you want to make habit, either.

I'm biased toward the Diamond suggestion, because that's what the leagues in my area play on. And he suggestion to have one professionally painted to match your décor really grabs me, because the possibilities with that are endless, and you could really do something spectacular... With paint, you could also choose the least-expensive wood they offer, because you're never going to know the difference anyway.

:cool:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I had a oaken coffee table and two end tables painted white....
...with the grain showing.....they were beautiful.

Do that to a 7 foot Diamond....and get used to Home and Garden mag taking pics.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
(Due to space 7 foot fits best, possibly 8 foot with some tight spots)

Thanks

Through my experience, choose the table size that leaves NO tight spots. If that means a seven-footer, then so be it.

I have an eight-footer in a room that is big enough for the table (except one very small section by the corner fireplace), but I'm constantly shooting shots with my ass sitting on an arm of a spectator chair.

Shooting pool on a bar box-sized table is much better IMHO than stumbling around furniture or having to use a short cue on certain shots.

When/if I ever replace my table, I'm opting for a seven footer myself. Hey, it's still shooting pool. I've actually seen pros shooting on them...imagine THAT :wink:.

Maniac

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
My gawd that is one ugly pool table in the OP.

I would rethink the white idea. Tell her it will show too much dirt, smudges, chalk, etc.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...I don't think she does the cleaning if she buys that, dust on white.

Is It the length or the width of the room causing it to be tight?
What are the room dimension's?

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
A quality paint job will be impervious to anything.

Agree the OP tables look cheesy.

My only complaint on the Diamonds is the width of pockets. They're just narrow enough for 2 balls to get locked up. At least on the tables I play on. It literally seems like a design flaw.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh one comment about the off brand Aragon table in your post.... I have zero experience with that table, but in my apt complex common area we have a 7' that looks very similar (but different brand). It is a total and complete POS. If you stick with a pool specific brand like Olhausen, even their low end tables must be at least better than the off-brands. IMO:)

Here is a picture of my apt complex table so you can see the similarities.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 12.56.07 PM.jpg

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A quality paint job will be impervious to anything.

Agree the OP tables look cheesy.

My only complaint on the Diamonds is the width of pockets. They're just narrow enough for 2 balls to get locked up. At least on the tables I play on. It literally seems like a design flaw.

You can order Diamond pockets to be "League Cut" which will be bigger and closer to most recreational tables. Most Diamond's out there in the field are "Pro-Cut" which is on the tight side.