Best way to protect a cue extender

Yulgomonkey

Registered
Just picked up a 12 inch cue extender for my cue and have a small problem. I was planning on carrying it in the jump cue compartment of my instroke 3x5 case however its to thick for the side zipper to close.

I could put it in the main pouch however i know the wood and finish will get beat up the bridge head, tip tools, and other items I need. I did a quick search on some of the billiard supply websites and couldn't find anything that would work.

Anybody else run into this problem and how did you solve it?

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just picked up a 12 inch cue extender for my cue and have a small problem. I was planning on carrying it in the jump cue compartment of my instroke 3x5 case however its to thick for the side zipper to close.

I could put it in the main pouch however i know the wood and finish will get beat up the bridge head, tip tools, and other items I need. I did a quick search on some of the billiard supply websites and couldn't find anything that would work.

Anybody else run into this problem and how did you solve it?

Wrap it in a small micro fiber towel and put it in the main pouch.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crown royal bag

It may fit in an old crown royal bag. I know it will fit in the larger bags.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
here was my permanent solution on my Swiftcase:

I know that Gil Castillo (Castillo Leather) did make or was planning to make extension pouches to attach to cases.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• swift-case-hager-pouch.jpg
    swift-case-hager-pouch.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 260
  • swift-case-strap-side-3.jpg
    swift-case-strap-side-3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 257

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
try making a fabric sleeve (like a condom)
to slip the extension into and long enough so that you can put it into the main case compartment and it will easy to grab to get the extension out

RED LITE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
try making a fabric sleeve (like a condom)
to slip the extension into and long enough so that you can put it into the main case compartment and it will easy to grab to get the extension out

Don't you mean, "like a condom, only smaller" ? :p

Just_Play

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put my extension in a sock and then keep it in the main compartment of an Instroke case.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Maybe a lamb skin domer would work?
I can ship you one to try, it isn't brand new though. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't you mean, "like a condom, only smaller" ? :p

Actually no
The sleeve (condom) has to be
34 inch long or so
So that when extension gets to the bottom of the case
there's enough fabric to come over the top so that you can pull extension out

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oddly enough the first thing I thought of when I read this post was a Crown Royal bag. However, I do believe those bags are a bit thin so I think I would combine it with the advice of another member and wrap it in a microfiber cloth as well. There are other options as well if you look outside the box a little but like possibly a holster or case for a police baton or nunchaku either may possibly work for you. There is also many custom leather shops that could help you or even a bigger case may be in order.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
here was my permanent solution on my Swiftcase:

I know that Gil Castillo (Castillo Leather) did make or was planning to make extension pouches to attach to cases.

best,
brian kc

Yo dog. Somebody pimped your ride.

Attachments

• xzibit.jpg
    xzibit.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 156