Beware of new users who have "just what you are looking for"

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little off the subject but still a heads up.
A friend of mine found a cue on a Chinese web site that was 1/2 the price of the same cue on well known sites.
It was a cheap cue to begin with but none the less he ordered it and paid with a credit card and his card was charged the correct amount but he never got the cue.
Thats as much as I know.
Dealing with unknown sites for anything is a real risk.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little off the subject but still a heads up.
A friend of mine found a cue on a Chinese web site that was 1/2 the price of the same cue on well known sites.
It was a cheap cue to begin with but none the less he ordered it and paid with a credit card and his card was charged the correct amount but he never got the cue.
Thats as much as I know.
Dealing with unknown sites for anything is a real risk.
Hopefully the credit card company recall the sale. Dealing with unknown. Danger they’re a stranger.

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It is very strange that he had your email address. Have you shared that in any posts here?

Booch19090

How is that done?
Google's reverse image search is a breeze on a desktop computer. Go to images.google.com(Opens in a new window), click the camera icon, and either paste in the URL for an image you've seen online, upload an image from your hard drive, or drag an image from another window.

Rocco438

We are starting to see a rash of new users who immediately spam people with notes that they have the exact cue they are looking for.

If someone with no iTrader feedback offers you a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Please report the user and we will look into it immediately.

Mike
+1 (928) 651-9652 I made a post with my number and he contacted me telling me he was Josh Gambler67 so I stupidly believed him😔I just really wanted to own a JW finally.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 (928) 651-9652 I made a post with my number and he contacted me telling me he was Josh Gambler67 so I stupidly believed him😔I just really wanted to own a JW finally.
Think you might want to post all the details of your transaction so others are on guard

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep he stole my username too….straight scammer.

Same cell phone number…..928-651-9652

https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/read-this…-watch-out-for-this-scammer…-it’s-real.548601/#post-7407951

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are starting to see a rash of new users who immediately spam people with notes that they have the exact cue they are looking for.

If someone with no iTrader feedback offers you a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Please report the user and we will look into it immediately.

Mike
Literally just happened to me today when I made a in search of post lol

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Looks like we had another scammer, up to old tricks today. He coincidentally had the exact cue that a half dozen users were looking to buy. Username was Kolaq and he was giving out a 480 phone number. One of his IP addresses tracked back to Nigeria, and I am sure 480 is not an area code in Nigeria.

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep he stole my username too….straight scammer.

Same cell phone number…..928-651-9652

https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/read-this…-watch-out-for-this-scammer…-it’s-real.548601/#post-7407951
Same number contacted me within a few minutes of when i updated post looking for MEZZ Ignite shaft last night and today.
Dude said he lived in El mirage Az. Said his name was Joshua. All very unlikely
be careful guys the scammer's are out in full force !!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Same number contacted me within a few minutes of when i updated post looking for MEZZ Ignite shaft last night and today.
Dude said he lived in El mirage Az. Said his name was Joshua. All very unlikely
be careful guys the scammer's are out in full force !!
Did they contact you directly, or through the site?

Mike

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Sometimes I think I got nothin anyone is ever lookin for 😰

Couldn’t resist 😂😂….hope everyone is having a good 2023 so far 🎱

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like we had another scammer, up to old tricks today. He coincidentally had the exact cue that a half dozen users were looking to buy. Username was Kolaq and he was giving out a 480 phone number. One of his IP addresses tracked back to Nigeria, and I am sure 480 is not an area code in Nigeria.
Scammer!!!!
I sent Kolag the $75 courier fee to get my $5.5 million delivered that he asked for in the email I got.

khoi420

Registered
Just wanted everyone to be careful with a scammer who goes by "Kelvin Gates". He's been contacting me whenever I posted in the Wanted section. Claims that he gets an error whne trying to message via Azb.

I took a chance and decided to trust a stranger. Scammed me of 150 already but I got it back thanks to PayPal.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I think anytime someone contacts you directly instead of on the site where you posted that you were looking for the item, it should be a major red flag.

Thanks for the heads up on this scammer.