Billiard collectibles

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
MORE STUFF! Mosconi books, Brunswick pre-dart Ivorene balls 1920's and a Birkbeck print I have hanging in my "room".

Attachments

• stuff 004.jpg
    stuff 004.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,061
  • stuff 007.jpg
    stuff 007.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,087
  • stuff 016.jpg
    stuff 016.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,078

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It is a 3 pt. your the first to notice. Just posted some pictures of it in the gallery. :smile:

I have a 3 pt as well it's from 1983, I bought it brand new in 1995 from Showcase billiards in Denver. It is a gorgeous cue and I couldn't believe that it sat there for 12 years before I came along with 550 dollars in my pocket just screaming to get out. :)

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Theres a quick and mostly boring story behind this agate. My family and I were combing a Oregon beach looking for agates(the locals told us it was the thing to do:wink:) when my youngest boy who was about 7 found one. He said dad I found a agate with a 8 ball on it and I said to him
uh huh I bet you did son and we continued the search after about an hour he told me again and I said sure you did Cody. He kept the rock in his pocket and about a week later we were in Pike place market in Seattle and he asked me if I wanted it, so I said let me have a look at your 8 ball rock. Much to my amazement this is what I saw. It has been my good luck charm ever since. This rock has not been doctored up in anyway this is exactly how mother nature made it. Just wierd that a family of pool players found it.:happydance:

Attachments

• pool pics 005.jpg
    pool pics 005.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,061

Paul Mon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Theres a quick and mostly boring story behind this agate. My family and I were combing a Oregon beach looking for agates(the locals told us it was the thing to do:wink:) when my youngest boy who was about 7 found one. He said dad I found a agate with a 8 ball on it and I said to him
uh huh I bet you did son and we continued the search after about an hour he told me again and I said sure you did Cody. He kept the rock in his pocket and about a week later we were in Pike place market in Seattle and he asked me if I wanted it, so I said let me have a look at your 8 ball rock. Much to my amazement this is what I saw. It has been my good luck charm ever since. This rock has not been doctored up in anyway this is exactly how mother nature made it. Just wierd that a family of pool players found it.:happydance:

That is way cool. I'm thinking you propped it next to the rail to take the picture. So it's very small. If you're willing take another shot of it with a dime next to it. I'd bid on it if it was on ebay.

edit: BTW, I like the story

Paul

Last edited:

RonsTheOne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice collection. Any chance you want to sell the 8-ball sunglasses, or does any body know where to get a pair....Thanks Ron

Mike Porter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t lurked for a while, but pleased when I saw this thread. I have collected for some time. Here are some medallions, fobs, tie clips...

Mike

Attachments

• Medalians d.JPG
    Medalians d.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,020

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I haven’t lurked for a while, but pleased when I saw this thread. I have collected for some time. Here are some medallions, fobs, tie clips...

Mike

Wow I haven't seen such a collection before, looks like some 3cb pins in there.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
That is way cool. I'm thinking you propped it next to the rail to take the picture. So it's very small. If you're willing take another shot of it with a dime next to it. I'd bid on it if it was on ebay.

edit: BTW, I like the story

Paul

I could never let this one go for the simple reason that finding another one could take ......well it would never happen :wink:.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have got more. A little pool table planter Ebay 9 dollars.:) And my billiards and beer collection.

Attachments

• pool pics 018.jpg
    pool pics 018.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 944
  • pool pics 001.jpg
    pool pics 001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 951

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
FYI.....someone has a sealed set for sale here on AZ: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=137179&highlight=cards

I have no interest in this sale, I'm just pointing you to it since you mentioned your interest in the cards.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, times are extra tight and I can't spend, like I'm used to doing. So, I get to do a lot of wishing. I hope someone else can benefit from that link, tho.

Keep the collections coming. These are some really great collections, guys! Good ideas for new times come from sharing things like this.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Here is a old ball rack I got in Walnut Iowa, if you are in to antiques it is the place to be. I have seen a lot of ball racks but I never seen this name before.

Attachments

• pool pics 016.jpg
    pool pics 016.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 926
  • pool pics 017.jpg
    pool pics 017.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 925

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Just a few more pics.

Attachments

• pool pics 0101.jpg
    pool pics 0101.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 885
  • DSCN2140.jpg
    DSCN2140.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 892

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Warning old thread but I have new stuff!:p

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 846

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
Thanks for reviving this thread. Where do you guys find this stuff? I know I could go on eBay and Ive tried yard sales with no luck. Theres one antique store near me that has a bca rules handbook from the 60's that I really want but he won't let it go without selling me the all plastic Brunswick table that goes with it:( I know alot of the fun is in the hunt but all I've found is a copy of Steve Mizerak's Pocket Billiards Tips and Trick Shots. It was a fun find just sitting there on the shelf though :)