Billiards Vietnam 45 yrs ago

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 1965 the locals played Billiards on what I remember as a small 8 table and lined up pin on end that were target points after a carom had been made. I have never seen this game played anywhere else. Of course Billiard tables are very rare here in the states.

I only remember very little about the rules of the game. In fact at my age I am remembering very little any more. But does anyone know if this is played anywhere else? Can you tell me more about the game?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a Vietnamese room near me that I dropped into once. About 20 old OLD beat-up looking carom tables and pins on most of them, smoke like is basically unseen these days...

Bordering on the innteresting, I know...:eek:

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Xuan loc, vietnam

When I was stationed as an adviser to the 18th ARVN ID in the late 1960's there were two one table rooms in Xuan Loc, the HQ of that unit. Never saw any pins but always a lot of players. Since then I have been in many Vietnamese rooms in this country where most of the table are smaller with four large balls being used.
Return to The Nam in 2005 and found cue sports to be alive and well with pool seeming to be growing and caroms becoming dead. If you want to see some images of that trip please go to:

http://www.xuanloc.org/zoomiereturnspool.htm