Bloody finally. First ton in 4 months

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I'm feeling more relieved than anything. For the past 4 months I've been playing absolute crap snooker and pool. Of course I've had the odd decent day, but most of the time I'm making 20's and 30's and maaaaaaaaybe a 50. I've lost a lot of confidence and almost thought about giving up.

So today I finally hit my first 100 break since early march. In fact it was 100 exactly. I had a straight in brown to make 100 with all other colours on their spots. However I was shaking like a leaf because I wanted the century so bad, so I just rolled the brown in instead of screwing back for the blue. I missed a tough blue, but I was ok with that.

Later on I almost got another one with a break of 95. Down to the brown I missed a thin cut into the yellow pocket. Would've been great to run two centuries in a night, but I'm happy enough. Outside of those breaks I got a couple of 40's.

One things for sure, I'm not gonna give up.

But just for clarification, I was never a regular century runner before, even in practice. But I generally didn't have to wait almost half a year for them.

Last edited:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Good shooting bud, ,now we want the video :D

I wish, lol. When I get out of teachers college my primary concern when buying a new house will be one with a room large enough for a snooker table. Then maybe I can do some video. I'm sure I could learn it.

You play in vancouver don't you? Do you know Dalton Roy? I ran into him in Ottawa a few weeks ago, just after the Canadian Championships. Played a few games with him, very good player.

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I am in Vancouver and I know Dalton from the BCCS tournaments.
Having a table at home makes a world of difference, my game is coming back nicely.

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear ya, somehow we have to get this game going in Canada before it is completely wiped out. I personally wouldn't know where to start but I do know something needs to happen.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I hear ya, somehow we have to get this game going in Canada before it is completely wiped out. I personally wouldn't know where to start but I do know something needs to happen.

I have an idea or two. But I'm not in a position to do anything about it yet.

But I do think the CBSA needs to get more actively involved in promoting the game. If that doesn't happen there is little hope.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member

I've started a list of snooker tables in Canada. Knowing where to play helps.

If anyone wants to help find tables in Canada and/or make phone calls, that'd help.

OneFourSeven

Registered
Nice shooting, Cameron.

You play in vancouver don't you? Do you know Dalton Roy? I ran into him in Ottawa a few weeks ago, just after the Canadian Championships. Played a few games with him, very good player.

I thought I remembered the name, Dalton Roy. A guy that I play League Snooker with knocked Roy out of the CBSA Senior Snooker Tourney last June.

If anyone wants to help find tables in Canada and/or make phone calls, that'd help.

I sent you a list on the other forum, if I come across any others, I'll let you know.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Nice shooting, Cameron.

I thought I remembered the name, Dalton Roy. A guy that I play League Snooker with knocked Roy out of the CBSA Senior Snooker Tourney last June.

I sent you a list on the other forum, if I come across any others, I'll let you know.

Thanks. Still having a tough go of it though.

He's a good player. I'm not used to seeing people I don't recognize walk in and run lots of balls playing snooker in my area. He took a table beside me and started firing in all these long pots and running some decent sized breaks. I was a little intimidated the first couple of games to say the least.