Bobby Hunter 14.1

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Well look who's name popped up at the 14.1 event Mario He just won.

The two tightest matches of the 75 saw Zaplicki come within six of Yednak’s 125 in Round 3 and Bobby Hunter draw to within 10 of Holden Chin in Round 3.

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1990 world champion in 14.1 over Ray Martin.

A great player from Grand Rapids, Michigan... hometown to many known and a LOT of unknown monster players.
Harold Worst being the top of that heap!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Jeff Carter let me know, recently on FB that Dallas West won the Sr? 14.1 event in WI.
Makes me wonder why Martin didn't show up.
Or Hopkins.
One things for sure, watching the Jansco's crew during the heyday of 14.1 of the 60's.
Most great 9 ballers weren't able to handle men that were old and grew up on this game.
Al Coslosky comes to mind, a referee there, but I learned, he had won the 14.1 event there in his earlier years.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Jeff Carter let me know, recently on FB that Dallas West won the Sr? 14.1 event in WI.
Makes me wonder why Martin didn't show up.
Or Hopkins.
One things for sure, watching the Jansco's crew during the heyday of 14.1 of the 60's.
Most great 9 ballers weren't able to handle men that were old and grew up on this game.
Al Coslosky comes to mind, a referee there, but I learned, he had won the 14.1 event there in his earlier years.
I still have an Accu-Stats of Carter pummeling Efren at the Sands I believe.
They had a Varner match and that one going on at the same time so they did commentary on Nick's match.
After watching the tape of the Carter/Reyes match, they asked Jeff if he would sit in the booth and commentate the match from his perspective.
It is a learning experience to hear a pro talk about shot selection and pattern play in real-time.
That is at the top of my list of favorite matches to watch. I may have to go dig it up and watch it again.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Good player and great cue maker!
I knew Bobby through his then fiancee (now wife), Debby, who played at my home room. Played one pocket with him a few times - had no chance, but sure enjoyed the company... he's a great, friendly guy.

pj <- also visited his cue shop in Alsip (Chicago SW suburb) once or twice
chgo