Break Speed App

Cheez Dawg

Flawed Perfectionist
Silver Member
I just did an update on my break speed app for my ipod touch. Now it doesn't work. It starts, then shuts down.
Anyone else have a similar experience?:shrug:

cheapcues.com

Cue Dealer
Silver Member
Could be the phone, not the app. My 3G does not work well with the current OS. Try restarting the phone see if that helps.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
I updated mine with no problems. Only thing I can tell is they added a ball reset button. You can try and delete it and reload it??? Ron

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
Deleted and re-downloaded. Good to go now. Thanks!!

I just looked at my other device and it says you must unistall the app before you upgrade or it will shut down. Lol, I never look at that, I just hit the install button. I didn't think you could unistall it and then upgrade. Wouldn't it disappear from the AppStore?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Purchase history is tied to your iTunes account. So, it shouldn't charge you twice as long as you sign in with the same iTunes account.

hi, i'm using iphone 4 and having the same problem, Do I delete it and redownload it from app store again? doesn't that charge me again the price of the app?

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
Purchase history is tied to your iTunes account. So, it shouldn't charge you twice as long as you sign in with the same iTunes account.

You are 100% correct. iPod use the mic on the earphones (you have to buy). I went ahead and deleted it from my other iPhone and it did disappear from the update list like I was thinking but, I just uploaded it again. The Facebook addiction doesn't even work & I was looking foward to it. Bug I guess. Ron

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iPod touch is the same as the iPhone minus the phone functionality. All iPhone apps work on the touch.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iPod touch is the same as the iPhone minus the phone functionality. All iPhone apps work on the touch.

I think the iPod doesn't have a microphone. I don't have one, so I could be wrong. I remember Paul Nettle talking about having to buy an external mic.

pnettle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Facebook addiction doesn't even work & I was looking foward to it. Bug I guess. Ron

Hey Ron,

Can you email me about this? If there's a problem, I would really like to get it fixed and working. p-support at mybreakspeed dot com.

pnettle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the iPod doesn't have a microphone. I don't have one, so I could be wrong. I remember Paul Nettle talking about having to buy an external mic.

Correct. I got the little thumbtack mic and that's what I used for all of our development and at the US Open broadcast. Works really well. Still one of our best-performing devices (ipod with mic.)

Note that the first-generation ipods don't have support for external mics and cannot be used with Break Speed.

The iPhone 4 issue of the app not loading was an issue with Apple's update procedure (Apple doesn't allow you to test your app updates to find problems early, so you get what you get when you get it.) -- I discovered this within a couple minutes of the update going live and produced the 2.0.1 update that same day. The 2.0.1 update landed on Saturday (2 days ago) so everything should be working fine.

pnettle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey.. if y'all have a moment, please go give it a star-rating/comment on the App Store (iPhone) or Android Market. I'm not asking to go rate it 5-star (though, that would be nice!) - but feel free to rate it honestly.

Just don't give us bad marks for not having the history-tracking/saved-breaks in there yet... we're working on this and it's a really big task. Our history looks like it's going to be pretty over-the-top, so it's taking a while... (We're creating websites for it.)