Break tips...

objekt404

Registered
No Milk Duds (for now, unless you are in Tampa, FL). Something to fit to a standard 25oz. Rage (I call it Warhammer). That said, best "mainstream" tips for a very heavy breaker?

Yes, I know a bit newb; see my sig. But 1-3 balls on the break in APA-8 so far, but the Rage standard tip is getting thin from trimming & shaping.

bigB

Registered
Taom Tip

I couldn't be happier with the Taom Tip I put on my break stick. It not only breaks hard and doesn't lose shape, but I'm also able to jump full cue with it. May come in handy for you in APA since they won't let you break down a stick to jump.

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Second on the taom tip. Just got one and it's sweet. Also it's very pretty (comes in, blue, white, green, red, yellow, orange).

I'm not sure I'd recommend the samsara. It's a great tip, and it's super hard, but I think it's main attraction is added control for such a hard tip.

I think if you're swinging away with a log, you might just be going for maximum firepower (taom).

But if you feel like you need a bit extra control, samsara is the way to go.

Also I don't know what league you play in, but check to make sure you're allowed w.e tip you pick.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure I'd recommend the samsara. It's a great tip, and it's super hard, but I think it's main attraction is added control for such a hard tip.

That's kind of an Oxymoron. Wouldn't a super hard tip w/great control be a key reason TO recommend it? Brian.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 619

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figure a cue named Warhammer just wants to make stuff go boom.

Edit: ...or a hammerhead...get it?

Last edited:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't be happier with the Taom Tip I put on my break stick. It not only breaks hard and doesn't lose shape, but I'm also able to jump full cue with it. May come in handy for you in APA since they won't let you break down a stick to jump.

Taom is a decent break tip. However, you are not allowed to jump with any specialty cue in the APA, including your break cue.

You must use your regular playing cue to jump.

KMRUNOUT

Missing Link

Lock N Link
Silver Member
I've had the same Samara break tip on my poison VX for 4 years of 2-3 days a week play. it's never let me down.

RobD928

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I cracked a Taom tip not long ago, I switched to a Samsara Break tip and like the control much better.
I may try one of the Zento Tips, I hear a lot of good comments on them

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I cracked a Taom tip not long ago, I switched to a Samsara Break tip and like the control much better.
I may try one of the Zento Tips, I hear a lot of good comments on them

You probably have the version 1 Taom and not the version 2 which is out now and not known for those issues of the first version.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tips

I have a Buffalo tip on my Fury break cue nothing special,but most times a ball or 2 is pocketed.