Breaking 100?

call shot

Call Shot
Hi folks. I am 57 and took up the game 3 years ago after a 33 year layoff. Today I ran 96 with 7 blacks, 6 reds and 2 blues. It seems that it is all about cue ball finesse and keeping my head clear of outside interference. My previous best was 87 a year ago. How do I become more consistent.. Any advice to help me break the century barrier would be appreciated. Incidentally I play with a pool cue with an 11.75mm shaft. Balls are 2 1/16 and table is tight at pockets if I put two ball together in jaws I have to force them in. Should I be looking at a snooker cue? If so what? Thank for your feedback in advance and the best of the Yuletide to each of you.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice 96 break

Hi folks. I am 57 and took up the game 3 years ago after a 33 year layoff. Today I ran 96 with 7 blacks, 6 reds and 2 blues. It seems that it is all about cue ball finesse and keeping my head clear of outside interference. My previous best was 87 a year ago. How do I become more consistent.. Any advice to help me break the century barrier would be appreciated. Incidentally I play with a pool cue with an 11.75mm shaft. Balls are 2 1/16 and table is tight at pockets if I put two ball together in jaws I have to force them in. Should I be looking at a snooker cue? If so what? Thank for your feedback in advance and the best of the Yuletide to each of you.

1.Yeah, it's time to buy a Snooker cue.
2.High and low angles on the black ball for the next red.
3.Stephen Hendry's pot the blue and smash the reds open.

Call back soon with the ton break news.Heck set up a webcam and record it.:wink::D:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

First, I'm wondering what kind of table you're playing on?
A world standard snooker table is 6x12 with 3.5 inch pockets (at the fall)
..two snooker balls have no chance of being forced in.

Secondly, I assume you're playing with a pool cue...
..so try a Predator Z shaft and take it down at the tip a little.
It will spin very close to a standard snooker cue.

Shortside K

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today I ran 96 with 7 blacks, 6 reds and 2 blues.

Seems a bit sketchy, kind of makes no sense. 7 blacks and 2 blues require at least 9 reds. Even so, doesn't add up to 96?

call shot

Call Shot
I am very sorry Sir. I may be a poor typist but sketchy I am not. It was 7 blacks(49),4pinks(24),2blues(10) 13 reds(13). 49 + 24 + 10 + 13 = 96. All the best and thank you for the correction.