BREAKING NEWS --> Accu-Stats' Fleming Announces International Event

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news that Pat is keeping the spirit of the US Open alive. I hope players and fans can think past the name, even though it will be awkward. For example, If Shane wins he’s not going to be able to say he’s a “six time US Open Champion”. I don’t know how I feel about this but I’m still glad Pat is taking command.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Again, this shows how much disrespect the Behrmans really have for everyone involved. From Shane, to Pat, to the hotel that needs a date commitment ahead of time to lock in their fiscal year.

And yes, if Shane wins, he can say US Open because if there even is a Behrman "US Open" this year, it will probably be at their pool hall and thrown together at the last minute with a good deal on Champaign and a 13 day wait on all prize funds. No WPA sanctioning would mean the US Open Shane would want to win is Pat's.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d bet there won’t be. The Behrman clan won’t get their act together.

"US Open" scrawled on a piece of notebook paper in the window of their pool hall will be enough for them to say they held one.

But you are right, I seriously doubt they will even be able to get the tables together in another site given such short notice of 7-8 months, let alone the guaranteed funds.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I am so glad he did this. Perfect! End of one era and start of a new one.

Last edited:

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is the 'US OPEN'. Good luck Pat! When you have 'past champions' of a new tournament

being able to enter for free, or at a discount, it becomes the new 'US OPEN'...

You cannot have past champions of a tournament whose is in it inaugural year, J/S..

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much of the angst about the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship in the past was about the late Barry Behrman. May he rest in peace!

I am glad that Pat is creating an even on the East Coast because that's where I live, and we need more. You folks in Vegas have it made because between you and California, there's a lot of pool activities going on. Here on the East Coast, not as much. In this regard. I'm grateful for this international tournament.

I have always been a strong proponent to lessen the field from 256 to 128 at the Open. It makes sense. People will not wait until the last miniute to pay their entry fees, much like Joss Tour's Turning Stone events that fill up well ahead of time. This is a good move.

With all that said, I do not cast any bad light to the Behrman children, Brady and Shannon. Both of them are cool peeps in my book. I do not know what went on behind the scenes, but I do know there's always three sides to a story.

Wishing Pat Fleming much success on this international tournament. This is exciting news! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow.... What a turn of events that in he end I think benefits all pool players and fans of the game

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like an awful lot of congratulations for what is basically stealing the US Open from the Behrman family. When Charlie grabbed the "World Straight Pool" championship name and tried to market it like it was the same continuation of the event people were all over him.

Now we have someone that is putting on a tournament that is 95% the US Open and it's OK? I mean the only thing that is not the US Open about this event is the name.

I can't really be all "Rah! Rah! Rah!" about this, if it was in Vegas a month from US Open dates, yay go you, but putting on the US Open that is not the US Open without the US Open people, not so much.

Last edited:

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like an awful lot of congratulations for what is basically stealing the US Open from the Behrman family. When Charlie grabbed the "World Straight Pool" championship name and tried to market it like it was the same continuation of the event people were all over him.

Now we have someone that is putting on a tournament that is 95% the US Open and it's OK? I mean the only thing that is not the US Open about this event is the name.

I can't really be all "Rah! Rah! Rah!" about this, if it was in Vegas a month from US Open dates, yay go you, but putting on the US Open that is not the US Open without the US Open people, not so much.

It said an agreement was signed with the children.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He didn't steal anything.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Look no further^^^^^^^if you want to see what is wrong with pool.

This is the best thing to happen to USA pool in a long time , and somebody has to complain.
Jason

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look no further^^^^^^^if you want to see what is wrong with pool.

This is the best thing to happen to USA pool in a long time , and somebody has to complain.
Jason
Hell yeah. Went from one to two world class events run by two guys who know their stuff. How can that NOT be good for the game?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow.

"I think someone is about to find out how little value there actually is in the name "U.S. Open"."

Your honor please strike that from the record.

Ouch. Open mouth and insert both feet. The Behrman's may have made a nice play afterall.