BRIDGE LENGTH Effects and Considerations

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And I also think it is time for people to know a bit about SpiderWebComm. I think it is okay to post this because Dave himself has talked a bit about this on AzB. I imagine it will surprise quite a few AzBers. Here is Dave's bio for his company called Naqi Logix Inc.:https://www.naqilogix.com/dave-segal

Reactions: bbb

Monti

And I also think it is time for people to know a bit about SpiderWebComm. I think it is okay to post this because Dave himself has talked a bit about this on AzB. I imagine it will surprise quite a few AzBers. Here is Dave's bio for his company called Naqi Logix Inc.:https://www.naqilogix.com/dave-segal
Thanks for the link. Looks like an impressive company and an interesting, intelligent person. Makes it all the more hard to comprehend the reaction he had

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Well, about 15 years ago you and Mike Page met in person and played some pool. Afterwards, Mike posted that you, he, and Patrick all played "at about the same speed ... ." So unless you have improved greatly since then (or feel that Mike's opinion was way off), and would now deem your own skill level as of 15 years ago as not "worth a damn," I'd say you are not being honest in your statements about Patrick's skill level.
What Mike said about meeting in person and the speed we played at was pretty accurate at the time. He was definitely no slouch as a player. As far as PJ goes, I got to know a number of men who used to be on RSB, one of the earliest if not first type of pool forum. If my info is correct, it was created by Bob Jewett and laid out differently than AZ but the forerunner. Were you there?

There used to be some group "get togethers" of the people on RSB to meet face to face, play some pool in a "mini tournament", drink, and just have fun. Before the site was taken down completely off the internet, I had a chance to go in and start from the very beginning posts to the end speed reading and got my own impressions. In a couple of them PJ was bemoaning the fact of finishing in last place. But hey, no big deal it was more of a fun thing to get together and finally meet each other. After joining here in '06, I got to know other members 4 or 5 years down the road that played with PJ and said he was "OK" as a player but nothing to write home about. Probably a B- player on a good day but basically a C. He never played for money matches or tournaments. I didn't play in tournaments or leagues either but never ever backed down when it came
to putting some money up to play anyone. That is a different game and mindset altogether when playing for cash whether it's
people you know but especially those you don't know. When it comes to playing Allen Hopkins, which I still do, I don't even
get nervous because I know up front that I'm there to give a charitable donation, drink, laugh, and have a good time. A lot to
learn just watching when playing one of the best players that ever held a cue. When that takes place, I realize I can't play worth
a damn both mentally and physically. What a GAP!

PJ is 77 years old and I'm about 30 years younger. He ain't gettin' any better at this age and may not even have a home table to play on. That's neither here nor there. I don't care how he plays. He's old and age takes its toll.

It's all about how he lashed out at Hal Houle on RSB, Stan Shuffett here, anyone that uses CTE as some all-knowing guru wizard of pool saving all pool players on Earth and has kept it up for over 26 years. These are two individuals I've come to know in person with unbelievable pool minds and skill levels that have now helped thousands of pool players worldwide.
Hal Houle and Stan Shuffett.

Unfortunately, Hal died. Age got him. Stan couldn't continue taking the personal assaults here by him and others who think
PJ is some pool guru and very good to excellent player. He's not. Nor am I. (business/work reasons/time)

BUT, I am considerably better than I was when Mike and I played as a result of taking multiple in person lessons with Hal and Stan Shuffett to learn a way to see balls linked together for more deadly pocketing. And THAT is what this is all about.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Spider is his online-only pool drag persona. Love it.
I am one of the only online pool players who is going to tell it like it is in any way, shape, or tone that it takes to fend off the negativity and hate for a friggin' pool aiming system and the people that created and teach it by those who know
zippity-do-da and like being in the limelight. Might I get permanently banned? Oh, hell yes! I'm the "enemy" not the
"protected".

But Skip, if I knew you for many years and we were tight, I'd stomp on somebody's head if they constantly badmouthed
you for whatever reason. That's just the way I roll.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Dammit!! What the hell are you doing? You're going to spoil my image as a dumbass, broke, drunk, pea brain moron that knows
nothing about pool or what I'm talking about when it comes to making balls. 🤪

• Haha

jbart65

It's history, my man...history. And it started back in the mid to late 90's by some of the same people that are here on this forum today so it's climbing up on 30 years. It's never stopped between then and now and at times even far worse than current.
You don't know what there is to know but if you did, you'd know. You're too new here. Doesn't make sense? Yes it does but on the other hand no it doesn't. The NPR forum is worse than the main forum. Just leave it at that.
I might be "new" here, but I wasn't born yesterday.

I get it. There's been a lot of verbal shooting over the years. I myself used to joust in online Hatfield and McCoy feuds when I wore a younger man's clothes. There was a certain grim delight in all the back and forth.

Eventually I got off the merry-go-round. Otherwise it would just keep going on forever.

I am here on this forum to learn. Harder to do that when threads get cluttered up by ancient animosities whose roots are invisible to the vast majority of current members. We all have to let things go at some point ...

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

I get it. There's been a lot of verbal shooting over the years. I myself used to joust in online Hatfield and McCoy feuds when I wore a younger man's clothes. There was a certain grim delight in all the back and forth.

Eventually I got off the merry-go-round. Otherwise it would just keep going on forever.

I am here on this forum to learn. Harder to do that when threads get cluttered up by ancient animosities whose roots are invisible to the vast majority of current members. We all have to let things go at some point ...
Does that only apply just to me or the "other side" also? If you're addressing this to everyone, OK. But if me only when the crap hits the fan from them starting it or shutting down a discussion because it doesn't meet their agenda, it's not going to happen.

Fact is, you don't even have to come on this forum "to learn." If Dave Alciatore is your man, go directly to his website and spend days, weeks, months there. https://drdavebilliards.com/ He has put a lot of work and effort into it. However, it doesn't mean he's always right himself with it being Gospel. Then it gets pointed out, debated, or argued.

If that's not enough "Google" is your best friend for YouTube and any facet of pool you want to search and learn. You get exactly what you're looking for many times over rather than whatever it is you don't like and are annoyed with.

dquarasr

Registered

I am here on this forum to learn. Harder to do that when threads get cluttered up ancient animosities whose roots are invisible to the vast majority of current members. We all have to let things go at some point ...
^^^THIS

It’s really a shame that there are those, albeit thankfully few, who cannot control their feudal instincts, and consistently and predictably derail threads with mostly irrelevant sniping. I wish they would genuinely try to squash the impulse and be considerate to those of us wanting to enjoy a civil, relevant discussion.

(Yours truly admittedly sometimes guilty, too.)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
^^^THIS

It’s really a shame that there are those, albeit thankfully few, who cannot control their feudal instincts, and consistently and predictably derail threads with mostly irrelevant sniping. I wish they would genuinely try to squash the impulse and be considerate to those of us wanting to enjoy a civil, relevant discussion.

(Yours truly admittedly sometimes guilty, too.)
I can understand where you're coming from. Since thousands of pool players all over the world are now using CTE as their main way to pocket balls thanks to FB, word of mouth, YouTube, and book, would you be in favor of discussing it intelligently and peacefully here? Because as of right now, it ain't happening and it's NOT because it's being jammed down throats to use. It's
just flat out being attacked along with any mention of it.

jbart65

Does that only apply just to me or the "other side" also? If you're addressing this to everyone, OK. But if me only when the crap hits the fan from them starting it or shutting down a discussion because it doesn't meet their agenda, it's not going to happen.

Fact is, you don't even have to come on this forum "to learn." If Dave Alciatore is your man, go directly to his website and spend days, weeks, months there. https://drdavebilliards.com/ He has put a lot of work and effort into it. However, it doesn't mean he's always right himself with it being Gospel. Then it gets pointed out, debated, or argued.

If that's not enough "Google" is your best friend for YouTube and any facet of pool you want to search and learn. You get exactly what you're looking for many times over rather than whatever it is you don't like and are annoyed with.
Obviously I think anyone partaking in ancient feuds should let it go regardless of who is right or wrong. Not just you.

I would note that you introduced the first discordant notes to this thread, however. ("Something you know very little about" ... "You actually do know less than I thought you did" ...)

As for DrDave, I've watched plenty of his vids. Watched this one too. Didn't feel the need to comment. Nor do I think what he says is all gospel.

I don't feel a burning need to point that out, however. You apparently do. And so do some others.

That's fine if it's in the spirit of civility. Anyone should feel free to point out, debate or argue the merits of his videos.

I suppose if I got annoyed enough by the Hatfield and McCoy stuff here, I could leave as you suggest. Find all that good info on YouTube. Which I have done.

I just don't see why I should have to. Can't adults act like adults here? I belong to some other forums on knives and basketball and so forth, and people keep it civil.

Anyway, that is all I have to say. I wish everyone the best, and perchance I really don't, I'd never say it!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
lol

Since (as my #1 fan) you've archived all of my posts, I'm sure you have an example to share. You don't just make stuff up, right?

Right?

pj
chgo
I don't have all of your inane posts archived. When I saw that one I just LMAO! You wrote it, and I certainly didn't make it up.
Are you saying that you and a group of posters on RSB never got together to meet and greet face to face and shoot some pool?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Obviously I think anyone partaking in ancient feuds should let it go regardless of who is right or wrong. Not just you.

I would note that you introduced the first discordant notes to this thread, however. ("Something you know very little about" ... "You actually do know less than I thought you did" ...)

As for DrDave, I've watched plenty of his vids. Watched this one too. Didn't feel the need to comment. Nor do I think what he says is all gospel.
Good to hear that.
I don't feel a burning need to point that out, however. You apparently do. And so do some others.
So IOW, it's taboo or off limits for me and others to do that but OK for their clan to rake CTE over the coals and all who use it
as if it's some sort of poison that will ruin the game and turn them into zombies...corect?
That's fine if it's in the spirit of civility. Anyone should feel free to point out, debate or argue the merits of his videos.

I suppose if I got annoyed enough by the Hatfield and McCoy stuff here, I could leave as you suggest. Find all that good info on YouTube. Which I have done.

I just don't see why I should have to. Can't adults act like adults here? I belong to some other forums on knives and basketball and so forth, and people keep it civil.

Anyway, that is all I have to say. I wish everyone the best, and perchance I really don't, I'd never say it!
Did you ever consider just ignoring it and saying nothing? It can be overlooked and ignored. Have you considered asking "them" why? I am glad it's all you have to say and got it off your chest. Good shooting!

Last edited:

dquarasr

Registered
I can understand where you're coming from. Since thousands of pool players all over the world are now using CTE as their main way to pocket balls thanks to FB, word of mouth, YouTube, and book, would you be in favor of discussing it intelligently and peacefully here? Because as of right now, it ain't happening and it's NOT because it's being jammed down throats to use. It's
just flat out being attacked along with any mention of it.
Yes. I looked into it and decided it’s not for me but if it works for others, regardless of how skeptical I might be, an intelligent discussion about it is welcomed. But it’s a bit of a stretch to be bloviating about past slights in both sides of debates.