Bubble Boy

cheesemouse said:
As far as your wolfing and knowing your just another cyber nut case...you got an even game on the cloth or in the pasture...have a nice day. I gotta dress for success...LOL

Whoa...talk about a cyber nut case woofer. You live on the NORTHERN PLAINS. That's a nice safe woof to make yourself look like a real player.
Hey goofball...I won't be coming there for ANY earthly reason. However, if you get to the Atlanta area, PM with your plane arrival times and I'll pick you up at the airport. That's not a woof...that's a promise!

T

Timberly

masonh said:
as far as becoming a golf pro they do pretty much hand them out like GED's.all you have to do is pay them the money go to some classes and break 80 two days in a row at an easy municipal golf course.it is really a joke.
For $100 & no classes, you too can become a UPA Touring Pro.... now THAT'S a joke! ;)

cheesemouse said:
DM,
Thanks for the vote of confidence...LOL I just checked the weather. The course will be playing 7100 from the tips, wind 20mph with gusts, the greens are long and narrow, double cut and rolled this morning( I know the greens keeper, he is on my speed dial).

WOWWW...I never saw a course that long. It sure must be something. :rolleyes: Hey, Tiger....when I lived in the Miami area for 12 years before coming here, 20 mile an hour winds with gusts was a calm day. You barely even thought about it, and we played in it EVERDAY without fail.

High handicappers can give two aside to another high handicapper...it's no big deal.

Timberly said:
For $100 & no classes, you too can become a UPA Touring Pro.... now THAT'S a joke! ;)

BTW...not to piss on John's birthday parade over on that thread...your ass is MINE! I own it....YOU are the one going over my knee instead of Mawissa. And yes...your Catholic School skirt is going to be pulled up while you're butt is getting redder than a ripe tomato! :mad:

T

Timberly

drivermaker said:
BTW...not to piss on John's birthday parade over on that thread...your ass is MINE! I own it....YOU are the one going over my knee instead of Mawissa. And yes...your Catholic School skirt is going to be pulled up while you're butt is getting redder than a ripe tomato! :mad:
After my trip to pay my ticket this morning (not a fun morning, long story) I needed a good laugh & I knew that I could count on you. Thanks!! ;) :D ;) :D

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Pool is easy. Anyone who can golf in the 70's though has some serious respect from your truly. After a good 3 years playing once a week for 4-5 months I am still barely breaking 100 on a good day.

You good golfers, what can I do to get rid of a seriously bad slice? I aim at the left edge of the fairway and my shot is banana shaped and rarely does not make it to the right rough if not all the way to the trees...

Celtic said:
Pool is easy. Anyone who can golf in the 70's though has some serious respect from your truly. After a good 3 years playing once a week for 4-5 months I am still barely breaking 100 on a good day.

You good golfers, what can I do to get rid of a seriously bad slice? I aim at the left edge of the fairway and my shot is banana shaped and rarely does not make it to the right rough if not all the way to the trees...

Golf is a game of opposites. Quit aiming at the left side of the fairway. Aim at the right side and come from the INSIDE of the golf ball to OUT. And also rotate your forearms to close the club face down at impact.

That'll be $60..... :D

BTW Celtic...the first part of my advice was "aim and alignment"...the second part with the forearms is mechanical and "feel". ;)

Last edited:

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
Golf is a game of opposites. Quit aiming at the left side of the fairway. Aim at the right side and come from the INSIDE of the golf ball to OUT. And also rotate your forearms to close the club face down at impact.

Now he'll be hitting come over the top duck hooks in no time!! :D :D

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
drivermaker said:

BTW Celtic...the first part of my advice was "aim and alignment"...the second part with the forearms is mechanical and "feel". ;)

Good for you DM, I'm glad you didn't suggest a closed-face driver for Celtic to simply mask the problem. If it's only the driver you slice badly Celtic, maybe take it to a clubmaker and get a bit chopped off the end. A lot of newer drivers are being made a bit over-length to increase speed and hence distance, but you will have more difficulty getting the face square at impact (the rotation of the forearms). It is also hard to square a club face if the shaft is too soft ... you got a ladies flex shaft in your driver ? (don't take any offense at that question, you'd be suprised at the variances in shafts and in what a golf store will sell you) If you slice your 8 iron badly as well, go see a pro.

Bubble Boy would have great difficulty learning golf unless his bubble was huge and outdoors, just to keep this a bit on topic.

Dave

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:

I'll give advice for $20 :p

Swing the club a couple of thousand times coming through from the inside.

Try slowing it down at the top too. You could be pulling hard to early which is forcing your wrists to turn out and open the clubface.

Slow it down enough so you can get the feeling of your right hand (if you're right handed) pulling the club face through straight.

You'd do better to stay away from a ball. Coz as soon as you swing at it, your gonna attack it from the same old angle you're used to. When the new swing feels natural, go hit a few hundred practice shots with it, and then see if you can keep it up on the course.

DaveK said:
Bubble Boy would have great difficulty learning golf unless his bubble was huge and outdoors, just to keep this a bit on topic.

Dave

Haven't you seen those huge Bubble driving ranges? (no shit...for real)

Steve Stricker (PGA tour) practices in one somewhere around Madison WI during the winter where he lives.

I know of another one outside of Pittsburgh, PA. They get packed in the winter.

DaveK

Silver Member
drivermaker said:
Haven't you seen those huge Bubble driving ranges? (no shit...for real)

Steve Stricker (PGA tour) practices in one somewhere around Madison WI during the winter where he lives.

I know of another one outside of Pittsburgh, PA. They get packed in the winter.

We have one in Saskatoon, it is part of the Sands Hotel. The trouble is that you can't see the shot shape, the ball slams into the 'wall' too soon :( Maybe ours is not 'huge' (100 yards), but it sure comes in handy for those who want to keep their swing up all winter.

I just go to my buddies store and hit off his fancy swing analyser with the launch monitor watching. That's plenty of feedback to keep things in reasonable order through the long, cold, Canadian prairie winter. It's much cheaper too :D :D

Dave

Dave

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Thanks for the help guys. It is mostly the driver, although I can slice the fairway wood once in a while and even the occasional long iron from the tee (although I dont slice those often). I have a KZG driver I got made from a custom club maker, he measured my swing speed at just a hair under 100 so the flex should be correct. I am pretty sure the problem is that closing the club face and rotating the forearms that you guys mention. When you say "rotate the forearms" you mean such that the back of my right hand is then facing towards the sky at the end of the swing? I will give that a shot, I am pretty bloody consistent on hitting inept slices that would make most baseball pitchers jealous.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brknrun explain how difficult it is then.i am curious b/c i have three very good friends who are club pros and i know how they did it.it is not hard.

Celtic said:
I have a KZG driver I got made from a custom club maker, When you say "rotate the forearms" you mean such that the back of my right hand is then facing towards the sky at the end of the swing?

KZG puts out a pretty decent head.

NO, the back of your right hand should be facing towards the sky just past impact as both arms are extended in front of you. You have to start rotating with the forearms in the downswing A LOT EARLIER than you think. You'll know when you're on the right track when you OVERDO it or do it TOO EARLY in the swing. You'll snap hook the piss out of it. That's actually what I try to get someone to do, snap hook every shot for 5-10 minutes. Then I can tone it down and bring him back from there.

DaveK

Silver Member
Celtic said:
Thanks for the help guys. It is mostly the driver, although I can slice the fairway wood once in a while and even the occasional long iron from the tee (although I dont slice those often). I have a KZG driver I got made from a custom club maker, he measured my swing speed at just a hair under 100 so the flex should be correct. I am pretty sure the problem is that closing the club face and rotating the forearms that you guys mention. When you say "rotate the forearms" you mean such that the back of my right hand is then facing towards the sky at the end of the swing? I will give that a shot, I am pretty bloody consistent on hitting inept slices that would make most baseball pitchers jealous.

Yes, assuming you are right handed. Perhaps a quick trip to a pro would be in order. The golf grip can SIGNIFICANTLY influence your ability to 'release' the club (square it up at impact), and maybe that's the problem. Have fun if it is, getting a new grip to feel comfortable and natural can be a long and frustrating process. Anyway, if you want to try something next time at the range, rotate your right hand clockwise a bit on your grip, that should make the release earlier, taking the clubface through square earlier.

If you want to learn a nicely timed release, try to find an old Medicus club. It is a training aid with a hinge in the middle of the shaft. If you swing it nicely the shaft stays straight and locked. A poor stroke will cause the hinge to 'break'. Release to early or too late in the swing, and again the shaft 'breaks'.

Dave

Egg McDogit

street player
Silver Member
as long as everyone's talking golf here, I have a question. I don't play golf...but a LOT of poolplayers that do play have told me that the golf stroke is a lot like pool stroke? What are they talking about? :confused:

Egg McDogit said:
as long as everyone's talking golf here, I have a question. I don't play golf...but a LOT of poolplayers that do play have told me that the golf stroke is a lot like pool stroke? What are they talking about? :confused:

The next time you hear one say it...ask them right on the spot. I have no idea. Unless they're kinda referring to just rolling the ball on the green when you putt. But even then, it's not the same.

DaveK said:
We have one in Saskatoon, it is part of the Sands Hotel. The trouble is that you can't see the shot shape, the ball slams into the 'wall' too soon :( Maybe ours is not 'huge' (100 yards),
Dave

The one I was in near Pittsburgh was about double that. Around 200 yds with a tremendous number of hitting bays.

After range hours are over at around either 8 or 9...they then rent it out to teams to play soccer or softball well into the wee hours of the morning.

Hell, at 100 yds. Jason Zuback would put a hole in the back of that thing like a damn Howitzer!! PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh.......