AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 1.09.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 1.09.53 PM.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 376

Stephen Folan

Registered
I have a feeling everyone on here would like to get a piece of the action if Boogeyman and Chen did end up playing.

Why don't we put a dollar amount on who we'd like to bet on and how much, I'm sure both sides LOVE the bet so i'm sure they'd be able to match the dollar amount of the more heavily backed player.

I created this spreadsheet to track the bets. Go ahead and add yours, let's see how it goes!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c0hHEbgEpYnhJOAD8iNdvhS8nKQG-zIYPhV4L7vTVsc/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT - This isn't a binding agreement to bet, just a way to see who people want to bet on, and gives the opportunity for the underdog to match the railbird action!

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I have a feeling everyone on here would like to get a piece of the action if Boogeyman and Chen did end up playing.

Why don't we put a dollar amount on who we'd like to bet on and how much, I'm sure both sides LOVE the bet so i'm sure they'd be able to match the dollar amount of the more heavily backed player.

I created this spreadsheet to track the bets. Go ahead and add yours, let's see how it goes!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c0hHEbgEpYnhJOAD8iNdvhS8nKQG-zIYPhV4L7vTVsc/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT - This isn't a binding agreement to bet, just a way to see who people want to bet on, and gives the opportunity for the underdog to match the railbird action!

I'm sorry, but if this guy is a mid-600 player (male), then you'd have to be nuts to bet on him even-up. Sadly I know how much shenanigans there is in pool, from my own experience and stories related to me by trusted friends. In general I won't bet a dime on anyone that I don't know and trust. That being said, I can afford to lose 50 bucks, so put me down for that on Chen. I mean she'd have to really dump to even let this guy get close, I'm talking Buddy Hall at COC level dumping here. If I got crazy odds, like 20:1 I might even bet 50 on the underdog. I'd lose that money, but if the odds are great enough, can I really afford not to bet?:p

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I don't care if he is a blowhard or perhaps the best player ever. I'm just surprised at how many people seem to be taking this personally and lashing out at a stranger on the internet. I'm not saying I've never done that, but I usually do it when I have skin in the game personally -not defending someone halfway around the planet.

Stephen Folan

Registered
P.S. getting hypothetical bets on the board is based on Bogeyman being a true mid 600's player. If there are shenanigans going on then it's obviously...well...just shenanigans!

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
P.S. getting hypothetical bets on the board is based on Bogeyman being a true mid 600's player. If there are shenanigans going on then it's obviously...well...just shenanigans!

Meh, it's 50 bucks (for me). I'd advice caution to anyone else especially if betting above your means, as one should obviously never do. This bet is a little bit too good to be true. In my experience, that means it isn't. Still if the game actually happens, 50 bucks is an ok price to see it happen.

If it is a dump or a hustle, it will be the source of 100's of entertaining threads. All the entertainment you can eat for years!

Stephen Folan

Registered
I don't care if he is a blowhard or perhaps the best player ever. I'm just surprised at how many people seem to be taking this personally and lashing out at a stranger on the internet. I'm not saying I've never done that, but I usually do it when I have skin in the game personally -not defending someone halfway around the planet.

Agreed, just trying to pump the action ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Naw...now the thread has gotten silly, with the spreadsheet and not real bets and whatnot.

Once the game is made, the action room section will the spot for you to bet what you want.

I doubt it is gonna go off. Not unless boogie bets a couple more K than 1 or 2.

Agree on specifics and get to the post.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree too. It gets discouraging sometimes to read people’s posts, “You got no chance.” or “You’re stupid.”
I could care less what your chances are , here its pretty simple pm me who you are and what you want to bet I will let them know and get back to you ,, or better yet go to roys basement fb page and set it up yourself ,, we would all love you to just step up to the plate , no one really cares about your reasoning why you can win,,

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Naw...now the thread has gotten silly, with the spreadsheet and not real bets and whatnot.

Once the game is made, the action room section will the spot for you to bet what you want.

I doubt it is gonna go off. Not unless boogie bets a couple more K than 1 or 2.

Agree on specifics and get to the post.
They have zero interest on 1or 2 unless its on a bathroom break or something like that start at 5 and you might catch their attention for a second .

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im having trouble believing anyone would humor the notion that this match was ever going to happen in the first place.

Lets put some prospective on this for a moment, shall we?

Here is a thread from a few years ago, where another anonymous guy was talking about beating Jennifer Barretta, who by any account is no where near the skill level of Siming Chen.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=386780

Boogeyman seems to disagree with this as a viable challenge with his posts here.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5034469&postcount=17
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5034579&postcount=31

So, the guy who thought when someone was talking about playing a female pro who plays at a 650ish Fargo stood no chance, now posts about himself being able to beat a 790 player, who is the #1 ranked woman, and IIRC #22 on the world stage.

I do believe Cleary said it best in the thread referenced above.

He's not playing her. It's free to talk so he's gonna talk.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could care less what your chances are , here its pretty simple pm me who you are and what you want to bet I will let them know and get back to you ,, or better yet go to roys basement fb page and set it up yourself ,, we would all love you to just step up to the plate , no one really cares about your reasoning why you can win,,

Thanks for your post.
I provide those reasons as part of the self motivating process that’s all.
I have already contacted someone who reached out to Roy and I was told that Siming is back in China.
My impression is that 2000 may not be enough to get her to play me.
I was thinking of setting up a donation spot and taking my 2000 and trying to get 4 or 5. Of course, only earmarked for the bet.
Just brainstorming here that’s all.
Again, thanks for your post.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not mind hearing all the woofing and barking as long as there is some action at the end.

The action does not have to be even, just action.

Rake

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im having trouble believing anyone would humor the notion that this match was ever going to happen in the first place.

Lets put some prospective on this for a moment, shall we?

Here is a thread from a few years ago, where another anonymous guy was talking about beating Jennifer Barretta, who by any account is no where near the skill level of Siming Chen.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=386780

Boogeyman seems to disagree with this as a viable challenge with his posts here.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5034469&postcount=17
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5034579&postcount=31

So, the guy who thought when someone was talking about playing a female pro who plays at a 650ish Fargo stood no chance, now posts about himself being able to beat a 790 player, who is the #1 ranked woman, and IIRC #22 on the world stage.

I do believe Cleary said it best in the thread referenced above.

Chuck, don’t know who that guy was, but what struck me was how that person sounded as if he were slighting JB. I kind of wanted to defend her and asked if he would play.I certainly wasn’t in his corner.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck, don’t know who that guy was, but what struck me was how that person sounded as if he were slighting JB. I kind of wanted to defend her and asked if he would play.

But the crap that you have spewed forth in this thread was in no way slighting Chen?

You could have come on here and said something like,

"Ya know what, I like Chens game, but I think I can beat her. Who do I contact to set up a challenge match?"

But you didnt. You said:

I'll take that bet.

I'm a mid-600 player, and I'll play Siming for the cash, straight-up
Make it a race to 50 and she doesn't have to like it.
Why?
Because endurance is gonna be a factor, and pool is not all about making balls.

I feel I'm in better shape than she is, I'll out-think her, I feel my competitive drive is stronger than hers, and I'm an unknown.

Plus, I speak some Chinese, so a little barking is a-gonna happen.

No disrespect to Xiao3chen2 (anyone who has studied Chinese will understand why I called her that--it's not disrespectful), but I've never lost to a girl in my life.

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.

And you further compounded those statements throughout the thread telling the forum why you feel that since you have a set of testicles, that means you can beat the best female player in the world (who happens to also be the #22 ranked player in the world).

2018, and people still wonder why they get called out on the carpet when they talk out of their ass. :thumbup: