Calling all pro speed players

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your post.
I provide those reasons as part of the self motivating process that’s all.
I have already contacted someone who reached out to Roy and I was told that Siming is back in China.
My impression is that 2000 may not be enough to get her to play me.
I was thinking of setting up a donation spot and taking my 2000 and trying to get 4 or 5. Of course, only earmarked for the bed.
Just brainstorming here that’s all.
Again, thanks for your post.

Boogey, we have already had this conversation. They are willing to play you a two day Race to Fifty 9-Ball for 2,500, so you can stop posturing about the bet. All you have to do is bring the money (probably Vegas) and you have a game. They are not making a special trip to meet you in Tucson. It is possible that she will be going to Phoenix but that is up in the air now.

So when you can pump 2.5K you can contact me or Roy and we'll carve out some time for you to play Siming. Is this making it simple enough for you?

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Boogey, we have already had this conversation. They are willing to play you a two day Race to Fifty 9-Ball for 2,500, so you can stop posturing about the bet. All you have to do is bring the money (probably Vegas) and you have a game. They are not making a special trip to meet you in Tucson. It is possible that she will be going to Phoenix but that is up in the air now.

So when you can pump 2.5K you can contact me or Roy and we'll carve out some time for you to play Siming. Is this making it simple enough for you?

Don't get too worked up 'bout it Jay.. I don't think he's all that serious about playing her.

Not many dudes would be up for a televised neutering by a 110lb Asian lady, don'tcha know...

The blood would get EVERYWHERE.

Jay.. I know you like, hate me and stuff now.. But I don't even really do the politics thing anymore on FB... You gonna go to DCC in Jan?

Short Bus Russ

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't get too worked up 'bout it Jay.. I don't think he's all that serious about playing her.

Not many dudes would be up for a televised neutering by a 110lb Asian lady, don'tcha know...

The blood would get EVERYWHERE.

Jay.. I know you like, hate me and stuff now.. But I don't even really do the politics thing anymore on FB... You gonna go to DCC in Jan?

Short Bus Russ

Ha Ha Ha...life's too short for all that. I'm just enjoying every day as best I can. I went fifteen years in a row to DCC, first as an official and then as a sponsor and promoter of the Ten Ball event. I'm originally from that neck of the woods (Dayton) and don't care for the cold Winters or flying in bad weather. So to answer your question, probably not.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But the crap that you have spewed forth in this thread was in no way slighting Chen?

You could have come on here and said something like,

"Ya know what, I like Chens game, but I think I can beat her. Who do I contact to set up a challenge match?"

But you didnt. You said:

And you further compounded those statements throughout the thread telling the forum why you feel that since you have a set of testicles, that means you can beat the best female player in the world (who happens to also be the #22 ranked player in the world).

2018, and people still wonder why they get called out on the carpet when they talk out of their ass. :thumbup:

Yeah, you’re right. It was too much barking.
My bad. Tried to make too much of the man vs woman thing.
Never meant to disrespect Siming personally, honest.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Ha Ha Ha...life's too short for all that. I'm just enjoying every day as best I can. I went fifteen years in a row to DCC, first as an official and then as a sponsor and promoter of the Ten Ball event. I'm originally from that neck of the woods (Dayton) and don't care for the cold Winters or flying in bad weather. So to answer your question, probably not.

Dammit, Jay.. It's not cold if you stay inside the whole week.

My wife would have liked to have seen you. Neither you nor JoeyA were there..

At least I got to watch Harry gamble a little.

Short Bus Russ

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hi Jay.
You’re right.
Don’t mean to posture. Not that kind of guy.
Maybe just a bit of a barker—aren’t we all behind the screen? :eek:

Yes, simple enough, sir.
I’ll work on my end to get my budget up a bit.
Appreciate you.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Boog, if you want to build your bank roll a bit you can play a few of us local players. I don't play much anymore but I'm always up to "donate" to a good cause.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Boog, if you want to build your bank roll a bit you can play a few of us local players. I don't play much anymore but I'm always up to "donate" to a good cause.

To quote Ronnie Allen: "I smell a trap comin'." :grin:

Last edited:

Stephen Folan

Registered
The link I posted was to track how much people wanted to bet on the match, and if it went ahead we had a list of people who wanted to bet and how much. I was just hoping it would grease the wheels for people wanting to bet on the match.

It wasn't just for fun but a place for people to try to get action.

Here's the link again:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c0hHEbgEpYnhJOAD8iNdvhS8nKQG-zIYPhV4L7vTVsc/edit#gid=0

Put down how much you'd be willing to bet and let's get some action going!

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting thread! Btw Boogeyman she could play opposite hand and still beat you.
There are maybe 5 American pro players that have a chance to beat her with SVB being the only one I could see her avoiding.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Interesting thread! Btw Boogeyman she could play opposite hand and still beat you.
There are maybe 5 American pro players that have a chance to beat her with SVB being the only one I could see her avoiding.

I don't think she'd avoid Shane. I think she'd say "Get your punk-a** up and play, Dakata-boy!" In Chinese, of course... :grin:

Seriously, though, I do think she'd play Shane in a heartbeat. She has the ( proven ) heart of a champion. Why wouldn't she play Shane? It's not like she'd be betting her own $ ( not likely, anyway ). And except for an extended race ( to 100 or so ), she's gonna have a fair chance of winning. Would Shane be favored? Yeah... he would. Would she have a chance of winning? Sure. Would the world be watching? You bet... all 7.2 billion.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think she'd avoid Shane. I think she'd say "Get your punk-a** up and play, Dakata-boy!" In Chinese, of course... :grin:

Seriously, though, I do think she'd play Shane in a heartbeat. She has the ( proven ) heart of a champion. Why wouldn't she play Shane? It's not like she'd be betting her own $ ( not likely, anyway ). And except for an extended race ( to 100 or so ), she's gonna have a fair chance of winning. Would Shane be favored? Yeah... he would. Would she have a chance of winning? Sure. Would the world be watching? You bet... all 7.2 billion.

I highly doubt they back her even against Shane , noticed they didn't say any American player but pro speed player ,,

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Old W C Fields line.

I don't drink any more .... but I don't drink any less. :)

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
In my opinion if you matched her up against SVB it would be more like the Mother's Day Massacre with Margaret Court vs Riggs.
Shane breaks better and doesn't make bad decisions very often. She'd be watching the match with the rest of us.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion if you matched her up against SVB it would be more like the Mother's Day Massacre with Margaret Court vs Riggs.
Shane breaks better and doesn't make bad decisions very often. She'd be watching the match with the rest of us.
Agreed. But most male pro players would be in the same seat too...

Michael Andros

Silver Member

Again, my point was I don't think she would avoid him. Doesn't mean she would win. But if every player ranked below Shane ( that would be everyone, according to Fargorate ) simply conceded, every tournament would be awarded to him before play began. She's the 22nd ranked player in the world. She has a chance, in a shorter race ( anything under 30 ) to win. And I think she knows it. And even if she wasn't assured of winning in her own mind, I still think she would play him.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't been on the forum for a while.

What was the match between Siming and Donny?