Camera recommendations?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a used webbie off ebay and it worked fine for recording myself shooting pool and transferring to youtube and vimeo.

I loaned it out for some charity work and it doesn't look like I'm going to get it back, which is fine.

I'm wondering if anybody has a recommendation for a similar camera. I have a best buy near my house.

Thanks

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Kodak Easy Share Sport. Awesome camera - Less than $100 in most places I have checked.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I know this isn't quite what you are looking for but I filmed all of my trick shot videos with a Cannon power shot 720 IS. HD video and a great digital camera to boot. You can also use it like a web cam. I think I gave around 200 for it 3 years ago. You can get allot more for allot less now. Good luck to ya.

luckwouldhaveit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got an Insignia 720p camcorder they sell at best buy for about $120. The SDHC card cost $20 for 16GB. The only downside is it's a bit too zoomed in to see the whole table, but I don't know that the other camcorders would be any different.

Edit: Are there camcorders that can "zoom out" or something along those lines so I could capture the whole table?

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I have the Kodak Zi8. Good quality, goes through batteries a little quickly though (about 2 hours per battery). I typically record 720 @ 60fps, but will also do 1080 @ 30fps. You can see vids I've recorded here: http://vimeo.com/johnny101. It's around a $100, less in most places. Has a built-in tripod screw-hold so it's easy to mount. Has external mic options, if necessary, but I dont think so.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I agree on the zi8. There are tons of inexpensive accessories for this camera. You can get remote control for less than $10, very useful if you're mounting it high up on a tripod looking down at the table. There is an external AA battery pack that significantly extends battery life.

I have the Kodak Zi8. Good quality, goes through batteries a little quickly though (about 2 hours per battery). I typically record 720 @ 60fps, but will also do 1080 @ 30fps. You can see vids I've recorded here: http://vimeo.com/johnny101. It's around a $100, less in most places. Has a built-in tripod screw-hold so it's easy to mount. Has external mic options, if necessary, but I dont think so.

Druid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After studying many reviews, I recently went with a Sony Cybershot DSCH55 14.1MP. Great camera. I think it's on sale right now at Target.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Camera Recommendations

I just bought a camcorder for vidotaping some of my one pocket matches with friends. I did a lot of research and was ready to buy in the 500 dollar range.
Late one night I was poking around on the net and found a JVC Everio 750 It has an 80 Gig HD in it and also takes memory cards { would be nice to use that for camera shots so you don't have a mumbo jumbo of video and stills to work through.
It will record up to 100 hours of video , 5000 still shots has time lapse recording and a lot of great features , I paid $220.00 shipped from a place called Abes of Maine. I saw that amazon also had a company selling one for the same price . Do a little research on this before you buy , I couldn't be happier with mine . I put it on a tripod and shot a video and it looked as good as most of the stuff I have seen on You Tube.
It also has a one touch upload to youtube and facebook I think.
http://cameras.abesofmaine.com/search#w=Everio 750&asug=&kbid=*