Can I see your Mottey cues

joe keehn

Registered
Can you please show me your Mottey cues. I'm thinking about getting a cue made. I found a picture of a Mottey that I like but I'm not crazy about the butt. Can you show me some of your Mottey cue butt so I can get some ideas of what I want.
Speaking of Mottey, I e-mailed him a couple weeks ago but so far I haven't heard back from him. Has anyone else e-mailed him and if so did you get a reply back. .. Thanks

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I hear, Paul is retired. He might be finishing up some orders, but
is not taking new ones. Thats just what I hear. Dont take my word for it.
There are a few up for sale here, so you might want to take a look at the
wanted/for sale section. Here are some pics of my baby.:thumbup:

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Yep, Paul has retired completely. You can still order a "Mottey" cue though, it just won't be signed on the forearm. Jim White bought out the Mottey shop almost a year ago now. He told me that he'll still be making "Mottey" cues with an engraved "Mottey" on the butt cap. Now, if he stayed on that course or not I have no idea. It's been a while since I talked with him. I would recommend ordering a JMW cue from Jim. His cues are very similar in looks to Paul's and they play real nice. I couldn't recommend a nicer cue.
MULLY
Paul is my all time favorite though

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Here's my Mottey:

Attachments

• Mottey forearm.jpg
    Mottey forearm.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 562
  • Mottey butt.jpg
    Mottey butt.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 564
  • Mottey full.jpg
    Mottey full.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 633

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Here ya go....

(Top to Bottom) Paul Mottey, James White, Paul Mottey, Tim Scruggs, Paul Mottey
collection011un9.jpg

collection013iq1.jpg

collection014vw2.jpg

I traded the ebony/snakewood for a SouthWest which I ended up selling to a friend. The 4 pointer got sold to a lady pro in Tokyo that was looking for a Mottey, and the all ebony one belongs to Mrs. MULLY. Right now, I have the JMW (second from left), the Tim Scruggs, and the straight ebony Mottey. My wife also has a Thomas Wayne, all ebony.
MULLY

Last edited:

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a 1987 Mottey. It also has a Z2 shaft (not shown) and I will sell for the right price. Mottey refinished about three years ago but I nicked it about six months later. Weighs in at a Hefty 21.5 oz. I have been told it is worth about $2,500.00 though that is not what I paid in 1992.

PMottey.jpg

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Motley Crue? What the hell does an 80's rock band have to do with...what? He's talking about Mottey the cue builder? Oh yeah, I've heard of him. He's good. :wink:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Here are some pictures of 2 Szamboti style Mottey cues which I owned. I sold the one with the most inlays and still own the other cue. Enjoy the pictures and I wish the pictures were better........

James

IMG_1176aa.jpg

IMG_1173aamod.jpg

IMG_1117aasm.jpg

IMG_1169aa.jpg

Last edited:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Oh yeah, I remember those 'boti looking cues. I really wanted that one you sold, I just didn't have the cash for it. Gorgeous cue.
MULLY

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
P1260038.jpg

P1260063.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

This was one of Paul's last cues. He was already done and out of the shop in 12/08 when I received this cue from JMW. Several times I told Paul he could wait till the end to build my cue because I wasn't in a hurry. He did exactly that. IMO it was worth the wait.

bryan

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here ya go....

(Top to Bottom) Paul Mottey, James White, Paul Mottey, Tim Scruggs, Paul Mottey
collection011un9.jpg

collection013iq1.jpg

collection014vw2.jpg

I traded the ebony/snakewood for a SouthWest which I ended up selling to a friend. The 4 pointer got sold to a lady pro in Tokyo that was looking for a Mottey, and the all ebony one belongs to Mrs. MULLY. Right now, I have the JMW (second from left), the Tim Scruggs, and the straight ebony Mottey. My wife also has a Thomas Wayne, all ebony.
MULLY

I love the two outside cues in this pic, the one on the right is almost perfect in my eyes.

Junkyarddog

Kelly
Silver Member
Here's a couple more of mine. Everything of mine is always for sale but I really like this cue. Send an offer if your interested. I've got 2 std. shafts, 1 matching 314, and 1 matching OB-1. Even a matching case if you want. Cue is in about 90-95% condition. Just a couple of finish nicks at the butt next to the bumper from a foreign object in my case. The rest is straight and solid.

Attachments

• DSC_0692.jpg
    DSC_0692.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0693.jpg
    DSC_0693.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 146
  • cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited: