Captaining my first ever APA team in first APA match...any advice?

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been Captaining teams for almost 2 decades in various leagues.... there are a few things that I always do and have always had success with.
Team dues..... make everyone pay the same as opposed to paying if they shoot ... if your team dues are $400 for the session and you have 8 players then each players session dues are $50 Everyone pays the same to tart and everyone gets an equal share of any winnings. ( I keep a log inside my scorebook to mark who is paid and who is not so there is no confusion. )
Be supportive.... If your player is ahead or behind in the match always encourage them and be a good teammate, the rest of the team will feed from you.
Know the rulebook and advise your players of the rules as it pertains to their match,...... don't be an ass about the rules but know them so you are prepared when the other team tries to use them against you. (unfortunately it happens from time to time)
Have Fun...don't get caught up in the drama of working the numbers or sandbagging players...I have seen too many arguments and teams split over this crap to count!.... it may take awhile for your team to be successful but make light of the competition early on and develop a good team atmosphere, then you can start to realize your potential and become more competitive.

Many other good suggestions here from others as well .... I'd say absorb the advice and see what works best for your team.