Carbon fiber shaft +BB butt

Drusch4

Registered
Hey guys, I might get shot at for doing this but I've recently purchased a 5/16x14 carbon fiber shaft to use with my Black Boar. It won't even go half a thread. I've contacted Black Boar and they have confirmed that is the only size thread used on their cues. Any ideas here? Thread taper issues?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I might get shot at for doing this but I've recently purchased a 5/16x14 carbon fiber shaft to use with my Black Boar. It won't even go half a thread. I've contacted Black Boar and they have confirmed that is the only size thread used on their cues. Any ideas here? Thread taper issues?
there are differences in 5/16x14 pins. they may have same major(outer) diameter but different minor(inner) diam. thread pitch can vary on some also. what shaft is it? examples are Schon(smaller) and Joss(larger). Joss shafts will go on a Schon but not the other way around.

Drusch4

Registered
there are differences in 5/16x14 pins. they may have same major(outer) diameter but different minor(inner) diam. thread pitch can vary on some also. what shaft is it? examples are Schon(smaller) and Joss(larger). Joss shafts will go on a Schon but not the other way around.
I bought a cuetec synergy to try on it

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I opened up FB this morning and this pops up. It looks like the way to know what the joint requires.

https://rhino-billiards.com/products/joint-tester-5-16-14?variant=47479510171933&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=paid+social%0A&utm_campaign=FS+-+NEW+Nebula&utm_content=US+-+Shaft+%26+Cue%0A&utm_term=Tất+cả+sản+phẩm+-+Doanh+số&campaign_id=120200377421090441&ad_id=120200377421100441

edd66683b5f3d0c43adab40009c33fd1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk