Center To Edge - CTE- Outside The Box Thinking And Execution

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Between the years 1508 and 1512 Michelangelo painted the ceiling and walls of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, Italy. The ceiling is Length - 134 ft.; Width - 44 ft.; Height (max) - 68 ft. 4,606 Sistine Chapel Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

How does one even envision something like this over 500 years ago let alone come up with a way to do it? They did it with scaffolds which Michelangelo created himself that he and his helpers stood on to paint people and scenes in vivid colors, perfect scale and sizing all throughout. Some stories claim he was lying on his back at times to do some of the painting.

This came about with LATERAL THINKING - THINKING FAR OUTSIDE THE BOX TO THE POINT OF ILLOGICAL THINKING. When he/they were standing on the floor of the Chapel looking up at the bare ceiling to envision vivid paintings all across it and down the walls perfectly scaled and sized along with HOW this could be accomplished, there was hardly one sliver of LOGIC to the entire vision. But it got done over a four year period.

For thousands of years BC and one thousand seven hundred and seventy nine years AD, FIRE provided the light and ability to see at night in homes and on the streets. In 1879 Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, patented it in 1880 and changed the world we live in. Nikola Tesla, with an IQ estimated between 160-310 was right there along with Edison for the type of current to provide the power for electricity. How did this come about after THOUSANDS of years with fire to provide the light in darkness?

This came about with LATERAL THINKING - THINKING FAR OUTSIDE THE BOX WITH ILLOGICAL THINKING

We can go on and on with all of the inventions such as motorized vehicles (cars) to replace horses and walking; airplanes and flight to get from one place to another much faster than cars; telephones to replace hand written letters and telegraphs with Morse code; rockets to leave Earth to land on the moon and back with humans as well as on Mars to explore the planet.

What about the theory of Albert Einstein regarding wormholes?
Wormholes may be lurking in the universe – and new studies are proposing ways of finding them (theconversation.com)

This came about with LATERAL THINKING - THINKING FAR OUTSIDE THE BOX WITH ILLOGICAL THINKING

Many people scoffed at these inventions when they were first created and well after they were created by saying they would go nowhere and the old ways of travel were best or fire was better than this new electricity garbage.

Exactly like what went on in the world of pool when Hal Houle first introduced new ways of aiming pool balls to go in the pocket and now Stan Shuffett putting the exclamation point on it with a comprehensive book, videos, in person lessons, and Pro Pool Players using it.

What we're involved in just about every single day on a pool forum is very much like the naysayers and haters of all the past inventions and developments but now focused on a pool AIMING METHOD aka CTE - CENTER TO EDGE.

THIS CAME ABOUT WITH LATERAL THINKING - THINKING FAR OUTSIDE THE BOX BY HAL HOULE AND THEN STAN SHUFFETT. IT WAS ILLOGICAL AND STILL IS TO MANY

As a young man Hal Houle traveled around the country with Greenleaf as they made their way through one pool room after another with Hal doing his best to keep Greenleaf off the booze until they at least made their financial
score. In 1950 Greenleaf died and Hal thought more and more about what Greenleaf taught him about the many nuances and secrets of the game he used and knew to be recognized as one of the top 3 players in pool history.
Greenleaf and pool players up to that time and at that time didn't know or care about math, physics, and geometry
relating to pool. It was useless and stupid because the tables, cloth, and balls were so varied from one place to another that numbers, angles, lines, fractions, could all be flushed down the toilet.

One of the greatest players in the history of pool and billiards was Ralph Greenleaf.

Ralph Greenleaf - Wikipedia

After Greenleaf passed away, Hal started thinking more about pool, the balls, and how to aim to make the balls into various pockets without missing. The question being, what is the best way to use the vision for maximizing accuracy in pool?

Some of it was passed down to him by Greenleaf but Hal wanted more which sent him WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX WITH LATERAL THINKING that no one else even came close to what was going through his mind with two balls and a variety of cut angles. What is the best way to link the CB and OB together for any and all cut angles on a 2:1 pool table that wasn't like all the rest?

Hal got the original idea when he was way out in the country side and saw a ROUND BARN.
CTE PRO ONE Truth Series Video 4 (Stepping the Cue Ball) - YouTube

The first pocket billiards championship was played in 1878 with the dominant form of the game being American Four-Ball Billiards. Professional players became so well known that cigarette cards were issued featuring them. The most famous pool game, eight-ball, was invented shortly after 1900.

(part 2 to follow)

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Between the years 1508 and 1512 Michelangelo painted the ceiling and walls of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, Italy. The ceiling is Length - 134 ft.; Width - 44 ft.; Height (max) - 68 ft. 4,606 Sistine Chapel Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

How does one even envision something like this over 500 years ago let alone come up with a way to do it? They did it with scaffolds which Michelangelo created himself that he and his helpers stood on to paint people and scenes in vivid colors, perfect scale and sizing all throughout. Some stories claim he was lying on his back at times to do some of the painting.

This came about with LATERAL THINKING - THINKING FAR OUTSIDE THE BOX TO THE POINT OF ILLOGICAL THINKING. When he/they were standing on the floor of the Chapel looking up at the bare ceiling to envision vivid paintings all across it and down the walls perfectly scaled and sized along with HOW this could be accomplished, there was hardly one sliver of LOGIC to the entire vision. But it got done over a four year period.

For thousands of years BC and one thousand seven hundred and seventy nine years AD, FIRE provided the light and ability to see at night in homes and on the streets. In 1879 Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, patented it in 1880 and changed the world we live in. Nikola Tesla, with an IQ estimated between 160-310 was right there along with Edison for the type of current to provide the power for electricity. How did this come about after THOUSANDS of years with fire to provide the light in darkness?

We can go on and on with all of the inventions such as motorized vehicles (cars) to replace horses and walking; airplanes and flight to get from one place to another much faster than cars; telephones to replace hand written letters and telegraphs with Morse code; rockets to leave Earth to land on the moon and back with humans as well as on Mars to explore the planet.

Wormholes may be lurking in the universe – and new studies are proposing ways of finding them (theconversation.com)

Many people scoffed at these inventions when they were first created and well after they were created by saying they would go nowhere and the old ways of travel were best or fire was better than this new electricity garbage.

Exactly like what went on in the world of pool when Hal Houle first introduced new ways of aiming pool balls to go in the pocket and now Stan Shuffett putting the exclamation point on it with a comprehensive book, videos, in person lessons, and Pro Pool Players using it.

What we're involved in just about every single day on a pool forum is very much like the naysayers and haters of all the past inventions and developments but now focused on a pool AIMING METHOD aka CTE - CENTER TO EDGE.

THIS CAME ABOUT WITH LATERAL THINKING - THINKING FAR OUTSIDE THE BOX BY HAL HOULE AND THEN STAN SHUFFETT. IT WAS ILLOGICAL AND STILL IS TO MANY

As a young man Hal Houle traveled around the country with Greenleaf as they made their way through one pool room after another with Hal doing his best to keep Greenleaf off the booze until they at least made their financial
score. In 1950 Greenleaf died and Hal thought more and more about what Greenleaf taught him about the many nuances and secrets of the game he used and knew to be recognized as one of the top 3 players in pool history.
Greenleaf and pool players up to that time and at that time didn't know or care about math, physics, and geometry
relating to pool. It was useless and stupid because the tables, cloth, and balls were so varied from one place to another that numbers, angles, lines, fractions, could all be flushed down the toilet.

One of the greatest players in the history of pool and billiards was Ralph Greenleaf.

After Greenleaf passed away, Hal started thinking more about pool, the balls, and how to aim to make the balls into various pockets without missing. The question being, what is the best way to use the vision for maximizing accuracy in pool?

Some of it was passed down to him by Greenleaf but Hal wanted more which sent him WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX WITH LATERAL THINKING that no one else even came close to what was going through his mind with two balls and a variety of cut angles. What is the best way to link the CB and OB together for any and all cut angles on a 2:1 pool table that wasn't like all the rest?

Hal got the original idea when he was way out in the country side and saw a ROUND BARN.

The first pocket billiards championship was played in 1878 with the dominant form of the game being American Four-Ball Billiards. Professional players became so well known that cigarette cards were issued featuring them. The most famous pool game, eight-ball, was invented shortly after 1900.

(part 2 to follow)
When I went to Stan and Connie's for four days of training on CTE Pro One, Stan put me on that 10 foot monster Diamond and we went to work. He nailed me right away on a couple of things that had been taught to me as a teenager by no less a player than Danny Jones. I was doing those things wrong...stroke issues that were actin as barriers to advancement.

I had been told since teenage years by Joe Cosgrove, Billy Johnson, Tony Ellin, Tommy the Sailor, and Long Beach to look
straight down the shotline like shooting a rifle...another thing wrong. As a right handed player I always tilted my head to the left...never knowing that there was a correct method for getting the most out of the eyes by tilting the head both left and right for different shots.

Stan opened a closet and removed the model of the "little round barn" that is seen on page 89 of the Book. I still didn't get the idea. Then Stan drew that diagram on the piece of paper that I shared with you. Slowly...and I mean slow like molasses in winter, it began to sink in. This was "thinking out of the box".....and to the experts around here, "thinking out of the box" is pure heresy. So the aiming wars continue on and on.

I have never been able to understand why these Detractors have some kind of crusade or vendetta against this new concept. I guess it relates to that old saying about..."the human mind is like a parachute it doesn't work well unless it opens".
Cartoon Man shrugging shoulders.jpg

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
FYI, "thinking outside the box" doesn't mean any nonsense is valid.

pj <- look up "numerology"
chgo
Look up "loser" or save yourself the trouble and just look in a mirror.

Nonsense to many at the time was when Orville and Wilbur Wright were building this idiotic looking contraption and said it could fly. More than likely someone in your bloodline like grandfather. The know-it-all gene got passed down a couple more generations to you.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

(part 2 to follow)

As I understand it, lateral thinking is a path to a solution.

But using that path does not absolve the solution of being provable by conventional logic and science.

That would mean “it works because it works” doesn’t cut it.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
As I understand it, lateral thinking is a path to a solution.

But using that path does not absolve the solution of being provable by conventional logic and science.

That would mean “it works because it works” doesn’t cut it.

Lou Figueroa
But, in your description of the aiming system you use which is " I Just See The Shot" has been proven by logic and science as well as described in length somewhere in the bowels of this forum, correct? That would mean "it works because it works because I AM
Lou Figueroa, the greatest amateur who ever played the game and one of the foremost authorities of everything pool along with Pat Johnson which also doesn't cut it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But, in your description of the aiming system you use which is " I Just See The Shot" has been proven by logic and science as well as described in length somewhere in the bowels of this forum, correct? That would mean "it works because it works because I AM
Lou Figueroa, the greatest amateur who ever played the game and one of the foremost authorities of everything pool along with Pat Johnson which also doesn't cut it.

I do not claim that the way I shoot is scientific or objective and would never try and teach what I do to anyone else.

I see the shot snd shoot the shot and all of that is based upon having developed a PSR that allows me to get down into a shooting position and make the ball and achieve position with enough accuracy and regularity to ocassionally run 100. It’s not much but it’s all I got.

So I’m not selling what Stan is selling and claiming my “system” is objective.

For me it’s no different than throwing a wadded up piece of paper into a trash can. I can’t explain it, wouldn’t try and teach it, and don’t claim it’s objective, but I can do it. I might even be able to do it with a curtain in front of the trash can, or bounce it in off a wall, lol.

And I’ll make the same challenge to you that just posted to JB: show me anywhere where I have claimed to be a great player, amateur or otherwise.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I do not claim that the way I shoot is scientific or objective and would never try and teach what I do to anyone else.
Could you even if you tried? I don't think so. What you do IS objective - for YOU. You always preach the scientific when arguing against CTE. Lou lets face it, you have never brought science, angles, geometry into play with your game. Maybe on a very low level for some banks but that's about it. I'm not knocking you, you play the way men did all the time when you were coming up.
I see the shot snd shoot the shot and all of that is based upon having developed a PSR that allows me to get down into a shooting position and make the ball and achieve position with enough accuracy and regularity to ocassionally run 100. It’s not much but it’s all I got.

To occasionally run 100 has more to do with seeing and having a feel for the rack and position after each shot and planning where the CB needs to be. There may be one or two long shots in a rack where aiming is highly focused but it's still more about angles, position, and having the CB and last ball at the right spot to break open the rack. Running 100 any time and as often as you have is an accomplishment. More brain power.

For me it’s no different than throwing a wadded up piece of paper into a trash can. I can’t explain it, wouldn’t try and teach it, and don’t claim it’s objective, but I can do it. I might even be able to do it with a curtain in front of the trash can, or bounce it in off a wall, lol.

And I’ll make the same challenge to you that just posted to JB: show me anywhere where I have claimed to be a great player, amateur or otherwise.

Lou Figueroa
You have your slick ways in doing that. It isn't blatant most of the times. But you do and have.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you even if you tried? I don't think so. What you do IS objective - for YOU. You always preach the scientific when arguing against CTE. Lou lets face it, you have never brought science, angles, geometry into play with your game. Maybe on a very low level for some banks but that's about it. I'm not knocking you, you play the way men did all the time when you were coming up.

To occasionally run 100 has more to do with seeing and having a feel for the rack and position after each shot and planning where the CB needs to be. There may be one or two long shots in a rack where aiming is highly focused but it's still more about angles, position, and having the CB and last ball at the right spot to break open the rack. Running 100 any time and as often as you have is an accomplishment. More brain power.

You have your slick ways in doing that. It isn't blatant most of the times. But you do and have.

Show me.

Lou Figueroa

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's my identity got to do with anything? Always side stepping and jabbing. Are you learning debate or something? Trial law?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So I’m not selling what Stan is selling and claiming my “system” is objective.,<==negativity

Lou Figueroa
Reported

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Ok, we all agree. You're not a great player. You "just see it" except when you don't. But what you are clearly is a bully. You bullied me on this subject from the VERY FIRST DAY that I ever dared to speak about it. You made peace with me - YOUR INITIATIVE at Derby City where you came up to me and offered to buy a drink. Then you reneged and started attacking me again. The fact is that you have been a bully on this subject to me and others.

And what did I do to warrant this? I said that I met Hal Houle and that what he taught me works. You, along with several others, but prinicipally YOU, chose to immediately label me a cult victim and tell me that I didn't have enough self-awareness to know that I had been simply mesmerized and that what I said that I experienced was not what actually happened. Even after my friend Bob Johnson, who had invited me to meet Hal, confirmed that everything I said happened EXACTLY as I described it you continued on with the harassment.

What makes this PARTICULARLY odious is that you have no excuse for arguing about aiming systems. You're not interested in systems, you're not a mathematician pool player, you're not an engineer pool player, you're not even a real estate agent with an obsession for making diagrams from virtual pool screenshots. You have NO VALID REASON for being in this discussion. Your ONLY reason is to bully and THEN play the victim.

After all of these years I kind of get it. People like you who had command and control over subordinates in your day job are nobodies on the internet. How dare some punk tell you that he was introduced to another way to aim that he finds to be better than "just see it". How dare anyone challenge your 100-ball runner street cred on any subject in pool. How dare they bristle at your critique of their self-awareness.

The bottom line truth of all this for me is that for you it's about controlling the conversation and winning points to maintain a superior position over those you consider to be your inferiors. It's not about any quest for truth for you but instead just a game to feed your boredom. You've always known that you're nothing special on the pool table and that has been amply proven by the many whom you have ducked over the years. Yes, I did my homework on you and you will deny anything I say and I am not going to name names but they can chime in if they care to. They aren't even reading this so I doubt that they will. They would probably look at me incredulously and say are you still talking to that *******?

So really the net effect of all this is that you have only made CTE stronger because the only thing that a super nobody like you is good for is to play the part of the antagonist to keep the conversation going. You have never added anything of substance to the conversation, just filler.

But now, your "not a great player" status WILL ADD substance. We have began the process of isolating the shots and shot sequences to use your performance to highlight why CTE and objective aiming is important and why a just feel it PSR isn't enough. Even though you had to be dragged to the table to play me we ended up with 9 hours of material to use and revisiting it thanks to your bullying nature has opened up new ways to use it constructively for the good of the pool community.

So, although I find you to be despicable, even the worst of humans can sometimes contribute something good, even if they didn't intend to.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, we all agree. You're not a great player. You "just see it" except when you don't. But what you are clearly is a bully. You bullied me on this subject from the VERY FIRST DAY that I ever dared to speak about it. You made peace with me - YOUR INITIATIVE at Derby City where you came up to me and offered to buy a drink. Then you reneged and started attacking me again. The fact is that you have been a bully on this subject to me and others.

And what did I do to warrant this? I said that I met Hal Houle and that what he taught me works. You, along with several others, but prinicipally YOU, chose to immediately label me a cult victim and tell me that I didn't have enough self-awareness to know that I had been simply mesmerized and that what I said that I experienced was not what actually happened. Even after my friend Bob Johnson, who had invited me to meet Hal, confirmed that everything I said happened EXACTLY as I described it you continued on with the harassment.

What makes this PARTICULARLY odious is that you have no excuse for arguing about aiming systems. You're not interested in systems, you're not a mathematician pool player, you're not an engineer pool player, you're not even a real estate agent with an obsession for making diagrams from virtual pool screenshots. You have NO VALID REASON for being in this discussion. Your ONLY reason is to bully and THEN play the victim.

After all of these years I kind of get it. People like you who had command and control over subordinates in your day job are nobodies on the internet. How dare some punk tell you that he was introduced to another way to aim that he finds to be better than "just see it". How dare anyone challenge your 100-ball runner street cred on any subject in pool. How dare they bristle at your critique of their self-awareness.

The bottom line truth of all this for me is that for you it's about controlling the conversation and winning points to maintain a superior position over those you consider to be your inferiors. It's not about any quest for truth for you but instead just a game to feed your boredom. You've always known that you're nothing special on the pool table and that has been amply proven by the many whom you have ducked over the years. Yes, I did my homework on you and you will deny anything I say and I am not going to name names but they can chime in if they care to. They aren't even reading this so I doubt that they will. They would probably look at me incredulously and say are you still talking to that *******?

So really the net effect of all this is that you have only made CTE stronger because the only thing that a super nobody like you is good for is to play the part of the antagonist to keep the conversation going. You have never added anything of substance to the conversation, just filler.

But now, your "not a great player" status WILL ADD substance. We have began the process of isolating the shots and shot sequences to use your performance to highlight why CTE and objective aiming is important and why a just feel it PSR isn't enough. Even though you had to be dragged to the table to play me we ended up with 9 hours of material to use and revisiting it thanks to your bullying nature has opened up new ways to use it constructively for the good of the pool community.

So, although I find you to be despicable, even the worst of humans can sometimes contribute something good, even if they didn't intend to.

lol, play the “Victim Card” much?

Lou Figueroa
wow

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, play the “Victim Card” much?

Lou Figueroa
wow
Hay Lou let me know your pool room and location and I’ll show up sometime and we can play some sets. What ever game you choose. We can play for fun or a beer and talk about our method of play. And just have a civil conversation. Ps. The same offer to mr Johnson

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hay Lou let me know your pool room and location and I’ll show up sometime and we can play some sets. What ever game you choose. We can play for fun or a beer and talk about our method of play. And just have a civil conversation. Ps. The same offer to mr Johnson

I’m in STL.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but the only game I play nowadays is 1pocket and I don’t care to play it for fun or beer. To me that’s like playing poker for matchsticks. So if you’re ever thisaway PM me and if we can work something out we can work something out.

And I’m always up for a civil discussion right here.

Lou Figueroa

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m in STL.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but the only game I play nowadays is 1pocket and I don’t care to play it for fun or beer. To me that’s like playing poker for matchsticks. So if you’re ever thisaway PM me and if we can work something out we can work something out.

And I’m always up for a civil discussion right here.

Lou Figueroa
Just what I expected

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
So are you saying you'll only play for some cash? What would be your minimum and maximum $ amount for a set of (how many)?

No negotiation needed. You dictate everything right here. If they want to take you up on it, then they can get in touch. Fair?