Challenge of Champions dump

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never played Shane in LA......that's not correct.

I've never played Shane in LA......that's not correct.

I did play Bustemante at Hard Times in LA for quite a bit of money (we broke even).

CJ already said he would play SVB 9 ball in LA. Said he would play him even with 2/1 on the money posting 5G's a set.

Also said they have only played once, even, and CJ was down, got back to 0 and SVB quit to play someone else for less money.

I want to see this happen and will take a trip to watch it, but i don't see anyone getting SVB to play him.

Hopefully it's being worked on.

PolarBear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said you said you would play him in LA. I meant Louisiana. Man I'm getting beat up all the way around tonight :)

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
reality check

I wish you were right.......

Sorry, but "playing even" and "playing even with 2/1 on the money" aren't the same.

I seriously doubt that SVB, or anyone else in the current top 20 would hesitate playing CJ today EVEN (I.e. no spot and no odds on the money) playing any game with contemporary rules.

PolarBear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never played him in Louisiana either......

That you would play him there. No diamond tables in Ft. Worth and it would be neutral ground in Louisiana. I don't have time to go back and find it right now. I think it was buffalo billiards you mentioned.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I know is I offer guys 2:1 on the money to play me even in 9 ball and I haven't been able to get anyone to play me.

Guess I'm not offering it to the right people?

SVB is such a world beater and CJ is just a washed up has been, I didn't even consider the 2:1 odds adding any pressure to the "top pros".
Damn i dont understand this calling CJ names like this he deserves more respect than that he was one of the greatest road players gamblers ever i know this for a fact i saw it 1st hand. I for one am glad he takes time to come on here and post some great stories about some great players.Its no wonder more top players dont come on here to post i understand some people dont agree with what he says sometimes and thats ok. I just think its wrong to call him a washed up has been if you think thats true play him some and find out

PolarBear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn i dont understand this calling CJ names like this he deserves more respect than that he was one of the greatest road players gamblers ever i know this for a fact i saw it 1st hand. I for one am glad he takes time to come on here and post some great stories about some great players.Its no wonder more top players dont come on here to post i understand some people dont agree with what he says sometimes and thats ok. I just think its wrong to call him a washed up has been if you think thats true play him some and find out

I was being sarcastic and trying to make a point.

You know, people are saying that he can't play and SVB would destroy him. I don't believe that is true, he has tons more heart than SVB.

I guess my post came across wrong all the way. Hard to inflict in writing what I mean.

I sure hope CJ didn't take it the wrong way, I have allot of respect for his game.

I am not afraid to play him and I plan on it next time I'm in Ft. Worth. I expect to learn something from the process.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
maybe we can all spread that rumor around the country for awhile

You'd think I would at least get "Mr. Washed Up Has Been". :groucho: I kind of like that reference, maybe we can all spread that rumor - the only problem is trying to convince the "smarts" that it's true. ;)

b4c7d63d5d355594859b349b054aa584.jpg
8e2f99d7db328be49aae89d40b6f4d95.jpg

rpandrew

Owner, SeriousPool.com
CJ I got all the respect for you in the world, but this 8 ball was a clear dump shot on buddys part........Also the odds that Lebron would win was 20:1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y12sL1oR2s watch at 40 seconds and the shot at 6:36 Buddy can make that with his eyes closed.........they all got rich that weekend.....

Re: @40 seconds

I do not think it was intentional. For shape, he setup on the cue ball with bottom-left which would throw the 8 right but accidentally came through the center of the cue ball which drove the object ball straight. Been there; done that (with far less at stake).

I do not think it was intentional. For shape, he setup on the cue ball with bottom-left which would throw the 8 right but accidentally came through the center of the cue ball which drove the object ball straight. Been there; done that (with far less at stake).

I have written in this thread that the miss on the 8 was not hard to believe, even from B. Hall. The thing you need to look at is did he try to scratch when he shot the 7 ball? If he tried and failed then he had no choice but to miss the 8 (if it was a dump).

If a person thinks the match was on the square then it's just another miss from one of the best players in the world, on a big-pocket table.

If a person thinks it was a dump then this miss on the 8 ball was the only thing possible after failing to scratch on the 7.

ONB

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

I do not think it was intentional. For shape, he setup on the cue ball with bottom-left which would throw the 8 right but accidentally came through the center of the cue ball which drove the object ball straight.
Been there; done that (with far less at stake).[/QUOTE]

And with a fraction of the skill, correct ?