Chang Jun Lin

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
First of all I could not be more proud of Shane for this U.S. open win. Chang Jun Lin seams like a cool cat and a great champion. Chang you are a real sport and a heck of a shot. I hope to see more of you and your game over here. Congrats to SVB for the win and Chang for runner up.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all I could not be more proud of Shane for this U.S. open win. Chang Jun Lin seams like a cool cat and a great champion. Chang you are a real sport and a heck of a shot. I hope to see more of you and your game over here. Congrats to SVB for the win and Chang for runner up.
It's hard to believe people can actually play this well.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Number

How many Open wins does that make for Shane?

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang is a great player. Good shotmaker, tactical and consistent. He just needs to figure out the break - that seems to be the weakness in most Taiwanese players.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to Go Chang!!!

You proved to the world your a world class player & person....

Hope to see you play more often...

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Yes Shane just tied Earl with five and something tells me Earl is proud of him. Something also tells me that SVB is not finished winning this title yet.

I believe your right! I honestly think Shane will win at least two more US Opens. He is the man

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Chang he played great all week i feel for the guy he lost the US Open Title to a guy he is ahead of in games for the event kind of brutal for him.

True double elimination finals is best this is a perfect example of why just my opinion.

Last edited:

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I saw he struggled with his break but MY GOD a killer with the jump shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
You proved to the world your a world class player & person....

Hope to see you play more often...

No offense, but a lot of people might be new to seeing Chang Jung Lin but he proved to the world that he was a world class player long before this US Open... He has been one of the most feared players in Taiwan and in world championships for about a decade now. He is a world champion and has won some of the biggest paydays in pool and was probably the most successful player ever in the old Guinness Tour winning a huge number of those events over the most elite fields all of Asia including the Philippines could offer.

I hope to see more of him over here in America as well. Guys like him coming over to America to compete are what help events like the US Open become truly world class.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finals

Congrats to Chang he played great all week i feel for the guy he lost the US Open Title to a guy he is ahead of in games for the event kind of brutal for him.

True double elimination finals is best this is a perfect example of why just my opinion.

Agree 100%. Really shi*ty to not get the same chance as everyone else in the tournament.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
No offense, but a lot of people might be new to seeing Chang Jung Lin but he proved to the world that he was a world class player long before this US Open... He has been one of the most feared players in Taiwan and in world championships for about a decade now. He is a world champion and has won some of the biggest paydays in pool and was probably the most successful player ever in the old Guinness Tour winning a huge number of those events over the most elite fields all of Asia including the Philippines could offer.

I hope to see more of him over here in America as well. Guys like him coming over to America to compete are what help events like the US Open become truly world class.

You are so right, Chang has been a monster for a long time. The man seems like he understands all aspects of the game including the part> you can't win them all.
It would be great to see an interview with him, Chang seems to have good character.

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are so right, Chang has been a monster for a long time. The man seems like he understands all aspects of the game including the part> you can't win them all.
It would be great to see an interview with him, Chang seems to have good character.

Chang has the most personality out of all the Taiwanese players. He is a bit more straight-forward charactered, kind of like Jayson Shaw.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The break rules suck!!

Great match, why to go SVB.., please stop that stupid break rule at least in the finials. When I guy makes it through this field he shouldn't be penalized if the balls are broken hard but don't make it across the line.

Great job by both, hats off to the King, SVB!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang broke well, just not that last game vs Shane.

Guy appears to be a good sport.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
There is a video on YouTube of Chang running out a set in a match, and it's like 8 or 9 racks. It's incredible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk