changing belt on a Deluxe

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My belt just broke this AM. What I'm wondering is how far do I have to tear this thing down. I looked online and did a search on here but drew a blank. I'm sure it's a simple fix but I just don't want to screw something up.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
First loosen the two bolts to take off the head stock off the bed. Second take off the top plate of the head stock. Third take off the front side plate of the heads stock. Now you can slide the new belt into place. Put the plates back onto the headstock and make sure you align the headstock pulleys with the pulleys on the motor. Voila your done. Take 10 mins.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tony is right on the older Deluxes. But if you have the new variable speed version it is different.
#1 On the new headstock Lock your indexing pin down and remove the front chuck.
#2 Loosen the 3 screws that go against the front of your bearings a couple of turns.
#3 Loosen the 4 large bolts in the top of the headstock and remove the top half of the headstock housing.
#4 Lift the whole spindle cartridge up and slip your new belt around it.
#5 Replace spindle cartridge and top of headstock, and tighten 4 bolts.
#6 Tighten the 3 bearing screws and re-install chuck and you are ready to go.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Tony is right on the older Deluxes. But if you have the new variable speed version it is different.
#1 On the new headstock Lock your indexing pin down and remove the front chuck.
#2 Loosen the 3 screws that go against the front of your bearings a couple of turns.
#3 Loosen the 4 large bolts in the top of the headstock and remove the top half of the headstock housing.
#4 Lift the whole spindle cartridge up and slip your new belt around it.
#5 Replace spindle cartridge and top of headstock, and tighten 4 bolts.
#6 Tighten the 3 bearing screws and re-install chuck and you are ready to go.

Chris,

I notice that you use the natural color cog belts instead of the common black solid belts. Is there an advantage to the belts that you use?

Kim

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris,

I notice that you use the natural color cog belts instead of the common black solid belts. Is there an advantage to the belts that you use?

Kim

They are anti vibration belts so they do not cause the vibration the constant thumping of the black belts give.

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok thanks guys. I didn't think there would be much to it but the first time for anything can be a little daunting.