Chris & Corey Columbus, Ohio natives at the 2013 U.S. 9-ball Championship

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Hey Chris.

Stay calm, stay focused. 9-ball is a crazy unpredictable game at times, but you have the tools and the talent to see this thing through. This was the dream for all of "us" as teenagers hitting balls at Cushions, Players, Sportsmans, Reds & countless other places. You get to live out that dream for a chance at the title, truly inspirational and exciting.

Another Columbus native (West Jeff close enough) from the same era by the name Corey, got to live out that dream in 2001, and he's on the prowl yet again. I won't speculate on that match-up, after all I'm just an old, fat & bald "never-was". However, it would be awesome to see your name etched in the history books as well, you deserve it. I wish the best of luck for both of you in this years 9-ball Championship.

If you pull this off Chris, I get to sit down with my 9 year old son and tell stories of how Daddy played with and against two guys that went on to be U.S. 9-ball Champions. I can use it as an educational tool, my words will go something like this. "Son, pick something and be the best you can at it. You have to give it your all and maintain 100% commitment. Don't let the "side shows of life" derail your focus for greatness."

When he gets older, I will elaborate further on what those "side shows" exactly are (such as bar-life, partying & bad influential people to name just a few). "Son, I'm not telling you Daddy had the talent to do any of these great things, but what I am saying is that Daddy never gave himself a disciplined, dedicated chance!" I will follow with this thought. "However son, Daddy being derailed from possibly achieving (lol..highly doubtful but fun to dream) these great & honorable accomplishments, set the path for me to become a "Championship Daddy" to the best thing that ever happen to me in my life".

Dopc..... A Dreamer and a never-was who became a Champion in ones eyes.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bartram lost to Feijen 8-11 on the right side and now faces Immonen or Kazakis on the left.

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Nice post. Chris deserves to win a big tournament.

No doubt. Thanks for the reply.

Bartram lost to Feijen 8-11 on the right side and now faces Immonen or Kazakis on the left.

I saw that, Mika and Chris are up pretty soon as I'm typing this. I'm watching for the live scoring to begin. I also saw Mike put Corey on the B-side as well. Looks like Corey plays the winner of Thorston Hohmann & Kevin Guimond.

Best of rolls to both Chris and Corey on the B-side. I'm not trying to be a nuthugger, just rooting for some hometown guys I got to play against when we were all just kids. We've all had "that" dream, as has every person competing there currently.

Dopc.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was pulling for Bartram as well..Feijen is a strong player.

I hope he does well against Mika.

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
I was pulling for Bartram as well..Feijen is a strong player.

I hope he does well against Mika.

Mika is up 8-2 as of this posting. :eek: :frown:

Edit 12:40am.. Chris mounted a hell of a comeback attempt but fell to Mika 11-7. Mika is one hell of a strong player and one to feel no shame in losing to. I only had the live scoring to follow this match by but I would have loved to see it in person. Good run at it Chris, this may not have been your time but I'm sure it will happen for you in the future.

Best of rolls to Corey in his upcoming match.

Dopc.

Last edited:

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Thanks for the up date..11-7 not bad.

This was the only match I played bad
With that said when I ran 2 racks mika had to look my rack up and down every time to try to find a ball not froze
When I played Neil's we never looked at the other players rack that's how it should be much respect to Neil's I hope he wins

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris

I know you can hang with the big dogs..I've seen you play.

I assumed things went south, when I first seen the score was
8-2..an I think it sucks any time any one starts hound dog'in the
rack..checking once in awhile okay. I really hoped the best for you.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Chris

I know you can hang with the big dogs..I've seen you play.

I assumed things went south, when I first seen the score was
8-2..an I think it sucks any time any one starts hound dog'in the
rack..checking once in awhile okay. I really hoped the best for you.

Thanks
Yes I made a few mistakes early and he ran a few racks

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With that said when I ran 2 racks mika had to look my rack up and down every time to try to find a ball not froze
When I played Neil's we never looked at the other players rack that's how it should be much respect to Neil's I hope he wins

Your a player I'd never have to check the rack on just cause your a solid guy. But there's lots of talk bout rack mechanics, i have no idea if it really exists or not. Are there players you gotta check the rack on? Do you think its as big a problem as some people claim it to be?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mika always does that. He did the same thing to Keith at a Turning Stone tournament, and the two of them got into it, big time. Mika was shooting me dirty looks in the stands. Every time Keith racked, I was giving him my hand signals -- tapping the top of my head -- to "CHECK THE RACK."

Finally, Keith told Mika to rack them himself if he didn't like Keith's racks. Eventually, Dana Bufalo had to come over and rack each game for them. Mika's rack-whining tactics didn't work this time. :wink:

Keith spanked Mika at that event, and it was a sweet win for Team McCready.

After the dust settled, though, there was no hard feelings, and they enjoyed a few laughs. :grin-square:

Attachments

• raj keith amd mika.JPG
    raj keith amd mika.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 216

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Mika always does that. He did the same thing to Keith at a Turning Stone tournament, and the two of them got into it, big time. Mika was shooting me dirty looks in the stands. Every time Keith racked, I was giving him my hand signals -- tapping the top of my head -- to "CHECK THE RACK."

Finally, Keith told Mika to rack them himself if he didn't like Keith's racks. Eventually, Dana Bufalo had to come over and rack each game for them. Mika's rack-whining tactics didn't work this time. :wink:

Keith spanked Mika at that event, and it was a sweet win for Team McCready.

After the dust settled, though, there was no hard feelings, and they enjoyed a few laughs. :grin-square:

That's good that Keith won
But mika wins matches with his bs
He is a great player but is a baby. The way he crys when he gets a bad roll is a joke
I think when you cry all the time it should be ball in hand
Next time I play him it will be diff

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Chris do you think you would fair better against the top pros on tighter pockets? I still can't believe how well you play on that ridiculous table you have in your home room? I want to see someone with REAL speed play you on that thing!:thumbup:

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Chris do you think you would fair better against the top pros on tighter pockets? I still can't believe how well you play on that ridiculous table you have in your home room? I want to see someone with REAL speed play you on that thing!:thumbup:

For sure I would
I'm not saying I would be ranked number 1
But let's say there would be even more guys crying

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
Your a player I'd never have to check the rack on just cause your a solid guy. But there's lots of talk bout rack mechanics, i have no idea if it really exists or not. Are there players you gotta check the rack on? Do you think its as big a problem as some people claim it to be?

I am just wondering if "magic rack" helps to eliminate all these rack mechanics/trics and bs that some players do.

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just wondering if "magic rack" helps to eliminate all these rack mechanics/trics and bs that some players do.

A neutral racker using magic rack and players can't check it would be most fair IMO.

Guess with sponsors of racks this wouldn't always be preferable to the promoter though. I hate watching players check the racks for 5 mins only to request a re-rack