Cohen runs 431 !!!

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi has the official high run on a 5 x 10 with 353 balls...he also unofficially ran 365 on a 5 x 10.

What made the one official was there a ref or a constant viewer or was it in a tournament. His big run was an exhibition and I have no idea if the big run was shot counting all ball fouls there is even dispute on whether he quit or missed at the end yet it is still considered official.

Anyway what made one run more official than the other?

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Ratta, could you ask Thomas which number is correct? I took 491 from his personal page at epconline.eu (Hall of Fame -> all EC winners)

Sorry, not Ratta, but just to clarify, it's 491 - Thomas signs with it:

Thomas Engert's signature.jpg

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ya can't get any more genuine / confirmation than that! 491 it is. The website I mentioned in post #18 obviously has the wrong info.

Thanks David/acousticsguru!

-Sean

P.S.: Thomas' signature looks almost like Ted Nugent's if you look at it quickly. :p

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What made the one official was there a ref or a constant viewer or was it in a tournament. His big run was an exhibition and I have no idea if the big run was shot counting all ball fouls there is even dispute on whether he quit or missed at the end yet it is still considered official.

Anyway what made one run more official than the other?

I think the 353 was in an exhibition with many witnesses. As for the 365, I'm not sure why it's unofficial...maybe it was in solo practice.