Columbus, OH Pool Rooms? Dayton?

pool

Poolplayer
Silver Member
Me and a buddy are preparing to take a roadtrip next weekend and we are aiming for Columbus, or Dayton OH. They are within 5 hours of here and we just want to get away and play some pool for a couple of days. We aren't "hitting the road" as it were...neither of us plays for money. We just like to see other pool scenes and play Straight Pool together until the joint closes.

Any recommendations for pool rooms in those cities?

Tim

Jack's Rec Center in Middletown ohio. He has several 9ft Diamond pros, 8ft, 7ft and a 10x5 snooker table, along with a pro shop. There number is 513-425-0900. Middletown Ohio is just south of Dayton.

Last edited:

Tim

Jack's Rec center has 7 9ft Diamond Professionals, 1 Gold Crown 9 ft, and 2 national 9ft tables. Plenty of action also.

Last edited:

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sportman's Billiards in Columbus is where most of that city's players are at. Confeed Red's,Chalkers, Golden Eight are all pretty good rooms in Columbus as well. I don't know how far it is from Pittsburgh but Port Clinton Oh has a nice room named Rack Attack. Which runs real good tourneys on Friday and Saturday nights. If you ask at the bar they have coupons for room discounts at an area hotel.

pool

Poolplayer
Silver Member
The Milk Man said:
Sportman's Billiards in Columbus is where most of that city's players are at. Confeed Red's,Chalkers, Golden Eight are all pretty good rooms in Columbus as well. I don't know how far it is from Pittsburgh but Port Clinton Oh has a nice room named Rack Attack. Which runs real good tourneys on Friday and Saturday nights. If you ask at the bar they have coupons for room discounts at an area hotel.

Port Clinton is a bit too far out of the way, but it is great to see so many options near Columbus. Glad to know Jack's has some nines, too. That wasn't clear from the first post. Sounds like finding a place won't be any trouble. Are there any strange opening hours that I should be aware of...like open after 4pm?

ez2h8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool said:
Me and a buddy are preparing to take a roadtrip next weekend and we are aiming for Columbus, or Dayton OH. They are within 5 hours of here and we just want to get away and play some pool for a couple of days. We aren't "hitting the road" as it were...neither of us plays for money. We just like to see other pool scenes and play Straight Pool together until the joint closes.

Any recommendations for pool rooms in those cities?

Not to take away from the thread but this is a cool idea! A friend and myself used to travel around the northeast Ohio area one weekend every couple of months to do exactly this. Check out different pool halls, players, etc and end up playing straight pool all night/morning. This was many years ago, but so much fun.

Safe travels.
ez