"Computer Help" - AZ is treating me like a stranger.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
What can I do to get this AZ site to recognize me when I go into the room. It always used to but now - everytime I go into the room, it makes me type in my info again. Maybe some of you computer people can help me ot fix this.

TY & GL

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sometimes a reboot will help.

Clear your temporary files.

Make sure cookies are turned on.

HTH

Dave

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
Why not check the remember my log in reference or something like that. Now if that is disabled inside your computer, then it will not remember any site you typed in or any password/username. You need to type that in everytime you sign in.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These problems,I think,started after this web site recently changed it`s browser and other gadgets( I am clueless with technology and I do not know the correct language) I have more complicated problem than yours if I go thru AOL.The only way I can post here is coming here thru Internet explorer.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
What can I do to get this AZ site to recognize me when I go into the room. It always used to but now - everytime I go into the room, it makes me type in my info again. Maybe some of you computer people can help me ot fix this.

TY & GL

You may be able to go to tools and then internet options in you browser. There should be a place that will enable the feature.

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
This is so funny. I never even knew it could remember me beyond 20 minutes until yesterday. In Internet Explorer I went to the menu option "Tools" - "Internet Options" then hit the Delete Files and checked Delete Offline Content. After that dumps the temporary web info, I rebooted.

Now, for the first time, AZ remembers me all the time.

I hope that helps you.

You can Delete Cookies from there too, but it will make you log in to most of your sites that do rmemeber you all over again at least once. I personally am not a fan of doing that. :)

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Do you mean, how when you type a reply, and go to submit it, how it makes you log in again?

That's what happens to me all the time.

I have no idea how to fix it.

So now, whenever i type in a long message, i highlight what i wrote, and then hit CTRL-C, so that if it makes me submit my info again, i do it, go back to the thread, go to the box, and hit CTRL-V so everything pastes, then hit submit real quick.

If that wasn't what you were talking about, then OOOOPS!

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Since we're on the subject...

My guess for your problem would be that your computer is not set to accept cookies...

But I also have a problem that I haven't been able to figure out yet. On my home computer, I do not see any of the reply buttons...so I haven't been able to post anything from my home PC.

I log on using my laptop...and everything is fine...but if I log on using my home computer...no reply buttons? Anyone know the solution to this?

Thanks.

Donovan

Silver Member
Get_A_Grip said:
My guess for your problem would be that your computer is not set to accept cookies...

But I also have a problem that I haven't been able to figure out yet. On my home computer, I do not see any of the reply buttons...so I haven't been able to post anything from my home PC.

I log on using my laptop...and everything is fine...but if I log on using my home computer...no reply buttons? Anyone know the solution to this?

Thanks.

The odds of this being your problem are slim and none, but...

In Internet Explorer go to the menu option "Tools" - "Internet Options" then hit the "Advanced" tab. Now, go down to the Multimedia section and make sure you have Show Pictures marked and also mark Image Placeholders. (that may atleast let you click on those) I know that some forums require some of the java items to be checked also, so look at that section in there to make sure they are marked also. Some people worry about security, with all those marked, but I have never had a problem with it.

That should fix it after a restart. Hope this helped you.

Donovan

Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
When you log in, use the remember me box. That worked for me.

I have marked that thing since the day I started on here and it never worked for me until after I cleared out the temp files. Just a side note.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Donovan said:
The odds of this being your problem are slim and none, but...

In Internet Explorer go to the menu option "Tools" - "Internet Options" then hit the "Advanced" tab. Now, go down to the Multimedia section and make sure you have Show Pictures marked and also mark Image Placeholders. (that may atleast let you click on those) I know that some forums require some of the java items to be checked also, so look at that section in there to make sure they are marked also. Some people worry about security, with all those marked, but I have never had a problem with it.

That should fix it after a restart. Hope this helped you.

Nope...nothing you suggested worked. Thanks anyway though. I'm thinking that it must be something with my security settings...but I just can't figure it out.

Fat Ivory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get_A_Grip said:
Nope...nothing you suggested worked. Thanks anyway though. I'm thinking that it must be something with my security settings...but I just can't figure it out.

Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Advanced:Override, accept cookies

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Fat Ivory said:

No, that's OHB's problem. Mine is not seeing the "quote" or "edit" and "Post Reply" buttons on the forum screen. Maybe it's an AZ setting?

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I can't find.............

Fat Ivory said:

I can't find "Override, Accept cookies" - I am running Windows XP pro.
Thanks, Tom

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
Get_A_Grip said:

Thanks.
That's the problem I had when I was in California earlier this year, none of the reply buttons were visible. I could send pm's, but nothing else. Never did figure it out though, so I'm no help, lol. Peace, John.

Donovan

Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
I can't find "Override, Accept cookies" - I am running Windows XP pro.
Thanks, Tom

Follow his instructions after you marke the Privacy tab, you are looking for the Advanced button in the middle of that window at the bottom of that first section on the right, then check the Override box and mark Accept Cookies and mark Always allow session cookies. I also mark Block under the third party cookies.

Hope this helps