Cool Snooker Article

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put it here as it should possibly get more views. It’s pretty interesting how the old guys are holding up pretty good this year. I’m not sure the same can be said for pool.

Great week of matches to come

Cheers
Fatboy 🇬🇧

telinoz

Registered
Good summary and I agree.

I grew up with these guys, only class of 92 by age. Ha ha.

So I have seen all these players change over the years, right now I would say they are playing great with Ronnie and Mark a step up from John..
John has lost a important part of his granite game, closing out finals and winning frames when needs a clearance to win by 1 point... Otherwise, he is still as good as ever.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trump looks solid today, Bingham looks ok as well. Trump should win.

Ronnie match in the morning wasn’t a very high standard of play.

Ronnie has to step it up a couple notches if he plans on winning the championship.

Great to be in Europe to watch this properly, been a few years since I was here for it.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
definitely true for williams. i wonder how important Sightright® has been for his resurgence. ronnie, higgins have probably been better players than they are right now, but that only shows how exceptional they are.

to have three guys like that, born the same year, and with that longevity, is just a freak of nature kind of thing

Geosnookery

It’s also a testament that all three of them have made a concerted effort to keep fit and healthy. O'Sullivan has been a health nut for a few years but great to see Higgins has shed weight and has a bounce to his step.

The 2 top ranked players, Selby and Robertson, are also big into fitness.

I don’t see why any of ‘old guard’ would put down the cue in the next decade. The money is too good to pass on.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Trump looks solid today, Bingham looks ok as well. Trump should win.

Ronnie match in the morning wasn’t a very high standard of play.

Ronnie has to step it up a couple notches if he plans on winning the championship.

Great to be in Europe to watch this properly, been a few years since I was here for it.
Hey Eric, I mentioned this in another thread.

True Champions Know how to Win, when they don't play their Best!

Ronnie O is the Snooker GOAT!

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I put it here as it should possibly get more views. It’s pretty interesting how the old guys are holding up pretty good this year. I’m not sure the same can be said for pool.
Nice article. The grand old men of snooker still play at a super-elite level and the new generation of players has yet to raise the bar appreciably, although perhaps they will do so soon enough.

At times in its past, this has gone on in pool, but not right now. Buddy Hall, Jose Parica, Efren Reyes, Francisco Bustamante and Earl Strickland were still world-beaters into their fifties. At present, only Ralf Souquet comes to mind as a grand old man of the game still capable of winning something big. In pool, the bar has been raised to an unprecedented level by the newest generation of players, including Filler, Ouschan, Gorst, Shaw, Kaci and several others.