Covering a bar table question

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I posted this in the wrong area I apologize. I saw a video of someone covering a bar table and they put the adhesive under the rail area and on the rdge of the slate then cut the clouth off even with the bottom of the edge of the slate, do you recommend this, or just spray the adhesive on the bottom of the slate and tuck the extra cloth underneath so it is between the slate and the frame. Thank you for any advice.

PracticeChampion

I don't do it for a living but I've always glued edge and under. If for any reason it needed pulled off it'd be tuff if all you had was an edge to work with

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't do it for a living but I've always glued edge and under. If for any reason it needed pulled off it'd be tuff if all you had was an edge to work with
I never thought about that, tha's a very good point... thanks for your advice

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I posted this in the wrong area I apologize. I saw a video of someone covering a bar table and they put the adhesive under the rail area and on the rdge of the slate then cut the clouth off even with the bottom of the edge of the slate, do you recommend this, or just spray the adhesive on the bottom of the slate and tuck the extra cloth underneath so it is between the slate and the frame. Thank you for any advice.
There is a Ask the Mechanic Forum, but lots of people ask here. And you might as well hear owner horror stories.

Just make sure you limit how much adhesive gets on top of the slate. My last bar box, the previous reclothing had adhesive on the slate beyond the cushion nose. It affected slow rolled ball approaching every pocket. Don’t do that.