Crazy Bar Banger Rules

JABSolstice

I was playing 8ball against a guy last night for drinks. He was pretty bad and I was ahead 7 or 8 to nothing at this point. He gets down to shoot and accidentally tapped the CB while going through his practice strokes. I got up to go shoot and he says that since the CB didn't go at least 3 inches, it's just an accident and still his shot. I obviously let him take another turn, but had never heard that one in all my years of playing in bars.

What other crazy bar banger rules have you heard?

Apologies if there is another thread on this...I am not smart enough to find it.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
6XhM4vS.png

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the cue misses the object ball but hits three rails it’s a legal shot.
Of the cue-object ball are 1/4-1/2” apart the shot cannot be a straight in as it’s assumed to be a double tap

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
All the "city leagues" around here use these kind of old school rules. It's a recipe for disaster, since too many people seem to think "winning" is more important than being "honest".
That's beside the fact that the rules really don't make much sense in the first place.
Another rule is that you can't raise your cue above your shoulder.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was playing 8ball against a guy last night for drinks. He was pretty bad and I was ahead 7 or 8 to nothing at this point. He gets down to shoot and accidentally tapped the CB while going through his practice strokes. I got up to go shoot and he says that since the CB didn't go at least 3 inches, it's just an accident and still his shot. I obviously let him take another turn, but had never heard that one in all my years of playing in bars.

What other crazy bar banger rules have you heard?

Apologies if there is another thread on this...I am not smart enough to find it.

Wondering if I need to put things like this and the “butt width from the cushion” rule? Probably.