Crazy Loco Cocobolo

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one of the most highly figured pieces of Cocobolo that I have ever seen making it a very rare Merry Widow. The segmented handle features the Curly Buttery BEM I mentioned on the other cue.
The distinct and rare properties of these woods made these Barenbrugge's "must haves" for me.
I have been rehabing a rotator but I had to hit some with this cue. Man did it move the CB around.

I hope you like the woods!

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 795

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better pictures

Here are some of the pictures from Kam's original thread.

Attachments

• DSC_5035-1.jpg
    DSC_5035-1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 650
  • DSC_5083 copy.jpg
    DSC_5083 copy.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC_5062.jpg
    DSC_5062.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
I am doing a furhter backround check. This may be BRW?

Nice snags Phil....I remember both of these cues very well. Yes, they were both very special cues that just seemed to make your work on table effortless.
Most definitely a special piece of Mexican cocobolo on this one. I have the sister piece of BRW to match the other cue for points and a handle that has my name written on them for a new player! :D Something I don't normally do but I stained the BE handle with a orange peoke tea bag that gave it a spectacular match to the coco.
I'd take both of these cues back in heart beat if you ever decide to let go of them!
:wink:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice snags Phil....I remember both of these cues very well. Yes, they were both very special cues that just seemed to make your work on table effortless.
Most definitely a special piece of Mexican cocobolo on this one. I have the sister piece of BRW to match the other cue for points and a handle that has my name written on them for a new player! :D Something I don't normally do but I stained the BE handle with a orange peoke tea bag that gave it a spectacular match to the coco.
I'd take both of these cues back in heart beat if you ever decide to let go of them!
:wink:

Thank you Dave for your input. That clears it up. Oh, BTW, I do not want to send them back, unless I need a new shaft due to excess bluing:smile: I love them both!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thank you

Thank you very much to each of you who have commented. I cannot tell you how great this cue looks in person! I am working my shoulder and the cue feels really good!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Absolute stunner, that's some wild cocobolo right there!
There's only a handful of cue makers whom i think does justice to gorgeous woods and Dave's definitely right up there!

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Sick cue. Rings are out a sight....and I'm a sucker for cocobolo fronts on cues for both the beautiful wood and playability. Sweet. Matt D.

Last edited: