CSI/Billiard Congress of America

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Sounds like someone wanted more than what they were entitled too, so they had to hire $$Lawyers$$. What I want to know, is who was the plantiff??? Transparency would be nice...

Independent Event
Billiard Congress of America and CueSports International, L.L.C., Reach Settlement Agreement
Henderson, Nevada ? February 20, 2009 ? The Billiard Congress of America (?BCA?) and CueSports International, L.L.C. (?CSI?), the operator of the BCA Pool League, have entered into a settlement agreement resulting in the dismissal of the lawsuit between them, which had been pending in the United States District Court in Colorado. By entering into the settlement agreement, neither party admitted any wrongdoing. The parties have agreed that CSI may continue to use the service marks ?BCA Pool League? and ?BCAPL? in conjunction with pool leagues operated by it. Further, the parties agreed that CSI will not have the right to utilize the name and service marks ?Billiard Congress of America,? ?BCA? or any of BCA?s other marks. All other terms of the settlement agreement are confidential.

By Press Release - 2009-02-20

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
"between" CSI an BCA.

We all know who CSI is, the right to use BCAPL name for the league I believe is the issue..

I agree, the lawyers probably are the ones who made out!

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Jack Flanagan said:
Island Drive, can you post a link to the news story/whatever about the settlement ?

Here's two threads related to the BCA/BCAPL argument:

http://www.jimboarmy.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=526

http://www.jimboarmy.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=528

J...wondered how this thing would play out...

Jack in my thread, the copy/paste was from the headlines section of the AZ front page. I had no idea they went to court, I just wanted to know more about what was going on, I appreciate your links which helps somewhat with an explanation. I just want to understand better who's doing what to whom and why.