Cue alignment???

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you elaborate on this snooker twist?
With a square snooker type stance, when you approach the ball with your plant foot solidly on the shot line, you have to twist your hips and your shoulders away from the line to be properly aligned. Otherwise, your shoulders will be too square to the ball. This is typical of the players that have their shoulder protruding well over the shot line. They tend to do some funky things with their grip hand to account for this type of alignment.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
With a square snooker type stance, when you approach the ball with your plant foot solidly on the shot line, you have to twist your hips and your shoulders away from the line to be properly aligned. Otherwise, your shoulders will be too square to the ball. This is typical of the players that have their shoulder protruding well over the shot line. They tend to do some funky things with their grip hand to account for this type of alignment.

Thanks, I will do some more googling on that. That’s what I have to do because of my build. I have to turn before I get down to make sure my sight line remains on the shot line, and then work to make sure my forearm remains perpendicular from my elbow.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
your upper arm is moving all over the place
You are spinning the butt handle with your shooting hand. Don't do this. A lot of movement in your stroking arm. Are you using a light cradle for a grip? You must do the light cradle. Focus on moving your elbow only. Nothing above the elbow should move unless you are breaking.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
The angle inward/outward of the back foot can be adjusted from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock when your ''down on the shot''.
I've recently rotated my back foot inward to almost 12 o'clock, helped immensely.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is also nice video with very good presentation that might help people who have this kinda problems that OP had.

Could practice this in home with mirror too :=)

Last edited: