cue ball roundness

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Being round isn't always the measure of a cue ball's value....
...the metal on the inside (the magnet is in the table)...can be centered also....
...but the white stuff sometimes bleeds into the center inconsistently....
...leaving it ill-balanced.

IMG_3544.jpg

The worst part of that is when you put english on it....sometimes it pushes...
...sometimes it masses.

I don't even like playing for fun with these cue balls...and especially not for cash.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I couldn't determine that the cue ball was off-weighted, but I did find evidence that it is out of round... I am so sorry, I didn't know the pictures would be so big, and I can't figure out how to delete the post to try again...
I don't think you can delete it, but you can edit and delete the images. Here are the images pared down. They appear to show that one diameter is 2.25 and another is somewhat larger.

one.jpg

two.jpg

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We got a One Ball!

Sorry that my "helper" gouged the actual number, but it looks like the defect is that the number 1 is off center in the circle.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 171

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
How would you feel after being hit a million times? Maybe a little lopsided :rolleyes:. Actually the cumulative effect of hundreds of thousands of hits does affect the roundness and shape of a cue ball.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread reminds me of a way to "cheat" dice. Get a cookie tray and spray a little PAM on it, arrange two dice with the number you want to roll facing up, and stick it in an oven at about 200 degrees for a few minutes... Don't use them for any serious money...:thumbup: