Cue ID

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me what cuemaker uses this symbol?
s.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe mid-nineties Showcase? Gale Clark made Showcase cues in the mid-nineties marked with an italic "S" on the butt caps. But this isn't a butt cap. It does look italic though.

Matinez made Showcase cues had an "S" in a diamond I thought.

cfrandy

Silver Member
Maybe mid-nineties Showcase? Gale Clark made Showcase cues in the mid-nineties marked with an italic "S" on the butt caps. But this isn't a butt cap. It does look italic though.

Matinez made Showcase cues had an "S" in a diamond I thought.

I was leaning towards Gale also. However, the original owner say it was Ernie now, and Ernie made cues some cues with a "stylized" S. Not sure what "stylized" means.
I wonder if Ethridge is still available?

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ask

Check with cuesblues (Ted) he's been friends with Erine M. And no his work probably
better than anyone on this form.

I think it's a Showcase cue Erine use to work their

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was leaning towards Gale also. However, the original owner say it was Ernie now, and Ernie made cues some cues with a "stylized" S. Not sure what "stylized" means.
I wonder if Ethridge is still available?

Not sure but it is looking like you are on track.

As was posted above ask cuesblues.

I have a feeling you will get to the bottom of this one.

For what it's worth I guess a "stylized" S certainly could be what we are looking at. But I don't know much about style...just ask my wife. :embarrassed2:

cfrandy

Silver Member
Not sure but it is looking like you are on track.

As was posted above ask cuesblues.

I have a feeling you will get to the bottom of this one.

For what it's worth I guess a "stylized" S certainly could be what we are looking at. But I don't know much about style...just ask my wife. :embarrassed2:

LOL I suffer from the same "style" deficiency! Thanks!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
To see the rest of the cue might help... Maybe not.. Post more pics

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To see the rest of the cue might help... Maybe not.. Post more pics

Oh yes, of course.

In any case, we work for cue pics. :wink::thumbup:

I would venture to guess that since the logo is engraved in the wood, and from the look of the wood, it is a sneaky....but really it could be almost any style cue I suppose...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Could be by Gale Clark, not Ernie M, but Gale built a terrific playing cue, and he was known for building great playing sneakies.
When Ernie was at Showcase he built mostly higher end customs, and other people in the shop built the sneakies.

Peace
Ted

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I have a '94 Showcase sneaky. The 'S' on mine is different, but I understand there were at least a couple of people making cues back then

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
c

Could be by Gale Clark, not Ernie M, but Gale built a terrific playing cue, and he was known for building great playing sneakies.
When Ernie was at Showcase he built mostly higher end customs, and other people in the shop built the sneakies.

Peace
Ted

And their you have it, I figured Ted would know.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Any chance we can see a pic of your "S" logo?

It would be interesting.

Of course it's at home and I'm at work but I'm happy to post one a little later when I make it home.
Mine is just a basic block print. Looks a lot like like this "S" (en quote) stamped into the wood. Photo later.
Incidentally, I had Showcase make me a custom back then, maple and ebony similar to the Predator Roadline LE 1. It had the same 'S" as my sneaky. I didn't really care for it much so I traded it back

Last edited: