Cue Renderings

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member
UPDATE:

How about this?

picture.php

Previous post:
Ok, so following some advice from the forum, I've made some changes to my 3d image.

Tell me what you think. I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible. You guys see so many cues. You'll have a keen eye for picking out the flaws.

picture.php

Thanks,
matta

Last edited:

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much, much better. Damn near perfect. There's just one more thing.

The playing surface of the table. There's no visible texture. It just appears flat. From a shot that close, you might see something.

You tweak the cloth a bit and I'd bet no one will be able to tell that this ISN'T a photo.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The playing surface of the table. There's no visible texture. It just appears flat. From a shot that close, you might see something.

You tweak the cloth a bit and I'd bet no one will be able to tell that this ISN'T a photo.
That's what stood out to me as well... Great job!

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member

Once again, I agree.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
matta

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
the shadowing is perfect....looks great and when you tweek the cloth grain would be perfect.....mickey

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
i use ms paint but cant add a taper to the cue because i can only draw strait lines really... if i sent you some drawings could you add the taper effect?

here is an example...

klklk.jpg

Calimero

Fellow 3D artist

Hi, here is my try on a carom scene. Hope you like it

Attachments

• billard.jpg
    billard.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 347

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member
i use ms paint but cant add a taper to the cue because i can only draw strait lines really... if i sent you some drawings could you add the taper effect?

here is an example...

klklk.jpg

I've seen your Ms Paint renderings before. They look fantastic. No idea how you do that... lol

Umm, yes I would think it is possible. I'd need a copy of your design without the lighting affects. And without the angle distortion.
The software will do all of that on it's own and make it look realistic.

My cue isn't really done this way. It isn't just a texture over a cone. I'll see if can post some pictures of the billet rings by themselves so you can see what I mean.

matta

Last edited:

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Thanks
matta
my drawings arent nearly as pretty
with image composer, i can insert pictures of the actual pieces of woods i intend to use

not sure why it looks so stubby here, proportions dont look right here
perhaps the picture is too large???????????????
it looks like a masse cue

hach12.jpg

Last edited:

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member
my drawings arent nearly as pretty
with image composer, i can insert pictures of the actual pieces of woods i intend to use

not sure why it looks so stubby here, proportions dont look right here
perhaps the picture is too large???????????????
it looks like a masse cue

My method looks beautiful. It takes FOREVER!

There's always a trade-off.