Cuetec CF Shaft

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been shooting with both cues last night. The cue on the right is a 12.9 revo.

C1.jpgC2.jpg

The is a more finalised version of the new CF shaft. It was a pretty good experience.

Last edited:

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May I ask where you got the cue? I understand it is not available for the public so clearly you have some connections :rolleyes: You may choose not to answer to shoot me a PM if you so prefer.

Any chance you could write up an actual review, or a a bit more in depth comparasion to the Revo? I'm sure there are many interested individuals here to hear a bit more about it :smile:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Depending on the mm of the shaft and the price, I'll probably be interested in getting one to compare to my revos

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May I ask where you got the cue? I understand it is not available for the public so clearly you have some connections :rolleyes: You may choose not to answer to shoot me a PM if you so prefer.

Any chance you could write up an actual review, or a a bit more in depth comparasion to the Revo? I'm sure there are many interested individuals here to hear a bit more about it :smile:

It was a friend's Cuetec prototype.
Though I didn't measure the tip's diameter but it should be about 12.75mm.

In short:
Deflection properties are very similar for both shafts. Revo has a more crisp hit/ feedback, probably because the front ends have different constructions.

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depending on the mm of the shaft and the price, I'll probably be interested in getting one to compare to my revos

Not sure what tip diameter will be available to the public, but this particular one should be ~12.75mm.
As far as I know, the price is not determined yet.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if they can get these in market at a low enough retail price they will own the market, or close to it, imo

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Revo shafts do have a ferrule.It is just not a normal ferrule like what is used on wood shafts.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Revo shafts do have a ferrule.It is just not a normal ferrule like what is used on wood shafts.

It’s not a ferrule. A ferrule is designed to contain the inner material. The Revo has a cap+plug style protection. Definitely not a ferrule on the Revo.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s not a ferrule. A ferrule is designed to contain the inner material. The Revo has a cap+plus style protection. Definitely not a ferrule on the Revo.

Yup, that’s how Predator describes it too:

Do Predator REVO shafts have a ferrule?

No, Predator REVO shafts do not have a ferrule. Because of the stiffness and strength of the carbon fiber composite construction, there is no need to add the additional weight and mass of a ferrule to the shafts’ construction. Doing so would decrease the shafts’ superb accuracy.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly is the appeal/advantage of a revo or CF shaft? I was at the us open 8 ball this week and saw several guys using one including Shane. My friend asked what the benefits are and I couldn’t tell him

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly is the appeal/advantage of a revo or CF shaft? I was at the us open 8 ball this week and saw several guys using one including Shane. My friend asked what the benefits are and I couldn’t tell him

The primary benefit is energy transfer. More power with less input. The secondary advantage is extremely low deflection. Finally, the dent proof aspect and smoothness is nice. Those are the main reasons anyone cares about the Revo or similar carbon fiber shafts.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cuetec will have a small white ferrule, while the revo has no ferrule.

I had white carbon fiber pads installed ontop of the red pad on my revo.

The pads serve as a small but very good sighting aid in place of a ferrule.

It adds zero weight, is between 3/16 and 1/4" and changes absolutely nothing about playability.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The primary benefit is energy transfer. More power with less input. The secondary advantage is extremely low deflection. Finally, the dent proof aspect and smoothness is nice. Those are the main reasons anyone cares about the Revo or similar carbon fiber shafts.

KMRUNOUT

Very well said answer here. Agree completely but I don't think I couldve been that short in an answer.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KMRUNOUT

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I’m interested in trying one once cuetec puts theirs out

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I’m interested in trying one once cuetec puts theirs out

Yeah....you and about half the members on the forums.

Cuetec is probably going to make a LOT of money the first year the new shaft hits the market. Stock options??? :groucho:

Maniac