Current favorite contact cement, again...

EBL

Getting ready to lay down new Simonis bed cloth on a Dynamo table. Reading up on adhesives here in the forum areas, I know that RKC-250 is no longer available and there is a replacement product that is based on the same formula, Slocum v4117, but it is only available in a large quantity. I've read Glen's posts on how RKC-250 became Slocum v4117 and the limitations that were put in place on how it is distributed. I have a lot of respect for the contributions the Real King Cobra has made here and on YouTube. I'd rather use a product based on his formula, but if a quart of Slocum 4117 is not available, what's the next best option? 3M-N10?

I only want to edge glue the cloth and do not intend to wrap it under the slate except at the pockets,

Thanks in advance for your comments.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Getting ready to lay down new Simonis bed cloth on a Dynamo table. Reading up on adhesives here in the forum areas, I know that RKC-250 is no longer available and there is a replacement product that is based on the same formula, Slocum v4117, but it is only available in a large quantity. I've read Glen's posts on how RKC-250 became Slocum v4117 and the limitations that were put in place on how it is distributed. I have a lot of respect for the contributions the Real King Cobra has made here and on YouTube. I'd rather use a product based on his formula, but if a quart of Slocum 4117 is not available, what's the next best option? 3M-N10?

I only want to edge glue the cloth and do not intend to wrap it under the slate except at the pockets,

Thanks in advance for your comments.
I believe that West State Billiards sells Slocum by the quart. Otherwise, you could use 3M-10, if you can find it... Alternatively, check out any local flooring store, and see if they have quarts of Parabond M250. In my area, we have Great Northern Associates, a wholesale distributor of floor covering and installation supplies.

As much as I have always sang the praises of using Weldwood for cushion installations, it is far less than ideal for cloth installation. The dry time is much longer than the options mentioned above.

EBL

I believe that West State Billiards sells Slocum by the quart. Otherwise, you could use 3M-10, if you can find it... Alternatively, check out any local flooring store, and see if they have quarts of Parabond M250. In my area, we have Great Northern Associates, a wholesale distributor of floor covering and installation supplies.

As much as I have always sang the praises of using Weldwood for cushion installations, it is far less than ideal for cloth installation. The dry time is much longer than the options mentioned above.
Thanks for the advice, Geoff!