Custom Anniversary from Mark Gregory

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Would you call someone that refinishes cues....a cue maker?:D

I wouldn't call him a cue mechanic.
A table maker would be someone who makes tables.
As far as Mark being the best table mech, I stand by it.
It's just an opinion. Whick nobody can dispute.
He's the best table pimper too. ��

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't know. What do you call a table mechanic that's an egomaniac to the point where he can't sit by and watch another receive praise for his work?

I guess if you think the work Mark performed is the work of a table mechanic...then you really have no idea what a table mechanic does to be called a pool table mechanic, the work Mark performed on that Anniversary has like I said....nothing to do with being a pool table mechanic....that's the outcome like I said...of a "MASTER CRAFTSMAN" to have turned out a pool table looking like that....that's a major complement. ...dipshit!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Beautiful table. Thanks for sharing. would love to see more pictures.

Those rails, skirts, and ball box tray....we're actually built from scratch by Mark brand new. I don't know anyone in the world that can combine being a pool table mechanic with being a master craftsman as well. All anyone here on AZ sees is the outside look of the table, but has no clue what it actually takes to build out an Anniversary to look like the way this one does, which is breath taking....and then yes, make the table play at its absolute best at the same time....that takes a rare set of skills that only Mark has, as I don't know anyone else that can perform this level of craftsmanship as Mark does every time he builds a table like this one.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I wouldn't call him a cue mechanic.
A table maker would be someone who makes tables.
As far as Mark being the best table mech, I stand by it.
It's just an opinion. Whick nobody can dispute.
He's the best table pimper too. ��

Table Pimper!! It was on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't think of it. :D

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those rails, skirts, and ball box tray....we're actually built from scratch by Mark brand new. I don't know anyone in the world that can combine being a pool table mechanic with being a master craftsman as well. All anyone here on AZ sees is the outside look of the table, but has no clue what it actually takes to build out an Anniversary to look like the way this one does, which is breath taking....and then yes, make the table play at its absolute best at the same time....that takes a rare set of skills that only Mark has, as I don't know anyone else that can perform this level of craftsmanship as Mark does every time he builds a table like this one.

So basically everything but the metal was built from scratch? Wow...what a craftsman.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Table Pimper!! It was on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't think of it. :D

There should be a show with Mark.
" Pimp My Pool Table ".
PS
Glenn is preaching to the choir. People here already know Mark's tables
Are the best playing tables in the world.

Last edited:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Sorry, don't mean to correct you but what Mark did to build out that Anniversary has nothing to do with pool table mechanics, but it does however speak about his craftsmanship in which Mark is second to none, so credit should be given to where credit is due.

Get out of here you classless clown.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as I can tell
what we see is craftsmanship,which all agree that Mark is the best

What we don't see with the eye is the necessary work that Mark does so well that he is considered the best by ,most people on AZ,rebuilding the rails or subrails and other stuff,placing the rubber in the proper position ,where it provides the best results and cutting the pocket angles to create the proper
action when a ball enters

From what I read this is what the Cobra is saying,that Mark does the craftsmanship work as well or better than anyone,while at the same time deserving of the honor of being called a top mechanic

in fact the cobra seems to be saying that Mark Gregory is the best he knows of to do both of these things

AS far as I can see , he is arguing for correct semantics while at the same time paying homage to Mark Gregory for being the best in the world at what he does

To this it sounds like the cobra is displaying good sportsmanship and deserves credit for his lavish praise of a competitor, There is no reason for being upset and acting like pool players. Lets give the Cobra credit here for his kind words

dean

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
You won't get any argument from about Mark's work. I have a 1950 Anniversary he did for me that is first class as well. He refinished my table and set it up. The table looks and plays perfect. He gets my vote as being the best at making tables look their best and play their best. I will post some pics of mine soon.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You won't get any argument from about Mark's work. I have a 1950 Anniversary he did for me that is first class as well. He refinished my table and set it up. The table looks and plays perfect. He gets my vote as being the best at making tables look their best and play their best. I will post some pics of mine soon.

Pls do.
I should have hired Mark years ago instead of a subcontractor.:D

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as I can tell

What we don't see with the eye is the necessary work that Mark does so well that he is considered the best by ,most people on AZ,rebuilding the rails or subrails and other stuff,placing the rubber in the proper position ,where it provides the best results and cutting the pocket angles to create the proper

From what I read this is what the Cobra is saying,that Mark does the craftsmanship work as well or better than anyone,while at the same time deserving of the honor of being called a top mechanic

in fact the cobra seems to be saying that Mark Gregory is the best he knows of to do both of these things

AS far as I can see , he is arguing for correct semantics while at the same time paying homage to Mark Gregory for being the best in the world at what he does

To this it sounds like the cobra is displaying good sportsmanship and deserves credit for his lavish praise of a competitor, There is no reason for being upset and acting like pool players. Lets give the Cobra credit here for his kind words

dean
Absolutely agreed
Simply gorgeous.................congrats

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As far as I can tell

dean

We have a BINGO folks! You're 100% right on Deanoc....Mark does.both exceptionally well. On one hand, he's a great pool table mechanic, and trust.me, he knows his shit.when it comes to making a pool table play at its peak performance, and that's what I was referring to when I said I was just as capable not making a pool table play at its peak performance as well as Mark don't know any more secrets about how to make a table play at its peak than in do...BUT....when it comes to building the rails from scratch, blinds from scratch, and even the ball box from scratch....then even I have to bow down to Marks perfection in reproducing those parts better than Brunswick could in the first place....and the finished look...shit, no chance anyone can match that....I don't care who you are. The latter part has nothing to do with being a.pool table mechanic...and it don't. Pool table mechanic's im sorry tonsay, don't do that level of reproduction work....that, pure and simple is master craftsmanship quality level of work in his trade, second to none. But most of you would rather think that I'm trying to down play Mark because you sit back and look at the finished product in pictures....and miss the perfection of the work by down grading it to the level of work that a "pool table mechanic" would do....get real, most of you have never even played on a pool table rebuilt by Mark OR myself for.that matter....yet, you feel qualified to be experts in this field of work and craftsmanship to say who can and who can't no something....when none of you really know jack shit. Tale my word for it, like I said...Mark is second to none when he both of his talents of being a great pool table mechanic...AND...a one of a kind master craftsman....wood worker, finisher!!!

Enough said, to Mark:bow-down:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
We have a BINGO folks! You're 100% right on Deanoc....Mark does.both exceptionally well. On one hand, he's a great pool table mechanic, and trust.me, he knows his shit.when it comes to making a pool table play at its peak performance, and that's what I was referring to when I said I was just as capable not making a pool table play at its peak performance as well as Mark don't know any more secrets about how to make a table play at its peak than in do...BUT....when it comes to building the rails from scratch, blinds from scratch, and even the ball box from scratch....then even I have to bow down to Marks perfection in reproducing those parts better than Brunswick could in the first place....and the finished look...shit, no chance anyone can match that....I don't care who you are. The latter part has nothing to do with being a.pool table mechanic...and it don't. Pool table mechanic's im sorry tonsay, don't do that level of reproduction work....that, pure and simple is master craftsmanship quality level of work in his trade, second to none. But most of you would rather think that I'm trying to down play Mark because you sit back and look at the finished product in pictures....and miss the perfection of the work by down grading it to the level of work that a "pool table mechanic" would do....get real, most of you have never even played on a pool table rebuilt by Mark OR myself for.that matter....yet, you feel qualified to be experts in this field of work and craftsmanship to say who can and who can't no something....when none of you really know jack shit. Tale my word for it, like I said...Mark is second to none when he both of his talents of being a great pool table mechanic...AND...a one of a kind master craftsman....wood worker, finisher!!!

Enough said, to Mark:bow-down:
Except Mark is not in the opinion that Artemis are better than Superspeed.
And he is into Brunswick being better than Diamond.
Not the other way.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
Not wanting to get involved in the debate over table mechanic versus table maker but...

Mark's work is amazing but that's not even close to the only thing that sets him apart from a lot of people in this industry (or many others).

Mark honestly cares about the table owners he works with and cares not just about how his work looks and plays but about how the people he works with feel about the work and care about the game.

Two years ago I discovered the table of my dreams: a brunswick anniversary. A year of searching later and I found an old Elk's Lodge selling one off that was in pretty bad shape. My first call after getting it home to Chico, CA was to call Mark. The call felt just a little like a job interview and for a good reason. Mark cares about his work and the people he is going to work with on it.

Several months later I was ready to get started and Mark remembered who I was right away. He started work and kept close contact the whole time. If there were any delays I heard from Mark right away. The stretcher was too damaged to reuse so he walked me through building a new one. He built, stained and shipped the rails, blinds and ball box to me and then talked me through staining the new stretcher and the pedestals to match his work. Even today as I finishing up some of of the rest of table and getting it ready for cloth, Mark still calls me directly to check up on my work and make sure its going along smoothly. Everything from how to level it correctly to what to do to on the seams has been a lesson he patiently passed on. I'm about a week away from being done with a 2 year journey and looking forward to finally playing on the table of my dreams and none of that is possible without Mark's patience and attention to detail.

Mark isn't just the best at what he does because of his workmanship. Mark is also the best because of the way he conducts himself. True class in every way.

I'm not going to refer to Mark Gregory as a table mechanic or even a table maker. There is no category he fits neatly into so I'll just refer to him by name and let the rest of the world catch up.

Last edited: