Custom (custom) leather cases

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I gave up on a custom cue design having picture type designs on it (looked too cartoony, and most cue makers couldn't provide any reliability on what it would actually end up being lol)

I would like to get a case made that isn't the same old case that you see everyone with. Meaning the same shape, tooling, pockets in the same place, etc.

There is a very specific design that I have in mind, (which I'll be happy to discuss with someone) but let's for arguments sake say it was a case shaped like a sword, or a basketball goal, or a tractor. Point being, its not going to be a normal shaped case.

Played around with a normal case and some painting on it, but that just didn't look right either.

All ears if you have any people in mind who could tackle such an idea.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Any others?

I've contacted that company from their "contact us" page. In the meantime I'd like to see if there are others around.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

So there's only one guy in the world who makes non typical pool cases?

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
John Barton is the only way to go here D

If you need his # let me know. Or I can have him call you.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I wont ever discount your knowledge of cues and cases, but John makes for the most part vanilla cases, and after seeing those Eastwood cases, and knowing that I don't want a case in a "normal" shape, I'm thinking that they are the only game in the country.

Or at least the only one who is advertising. Who knows if I hear back from them or not.

John Barton is the only way to go here D

If you need his # let me know. Or I can have him call you.

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On Q Custom Cases

I gave up on a custom cue design having picture type designs on it (looked too cartoony, and most cue makers couldn't provide any reliability on what it would actually end up being lol)

I would like to get a case made that isn't the same old case that you see everyone with. Meaning the same shape, tooling, pockets in the same place, etc.

There is a very specific design that I have in mind, (which I'll be happy to discuss with someone) but let's for arguments sake say it was a case shaped like a sword, or a basketball goal, or a tractor. Point being, its not going to be a normal shaped case.

Played around with a normal case and some painting on it, but that just didn't look right either.

All ears if you have any people in mind who could tackle such an idea.

You may give Garth a shot. www.onqcases.com

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Thanks Gumball, I'll see what he says.

However, I know that looking at the sticks his are kinda sorta similar to the others in the sense that I don't see anything that isn't shaped like the normal oval or the huge circle.

Just got a nice email and quote back from Mr. Eastwood. I didn't know what to expect in term of pricing, so I'm not floored with the price. He said approximately 8 month turnaround time.

You may give Garth a shot. www.onqcases.com

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Thanks Gumball, I'll see what he says.

However, I know that looking at the sticks his are kinda sorta similar to the others in the sense that I don't see anything that isn't shaped like the normal oval or the huge circle.

Just got a nice email and quote back from Mr. Eastwood. I didn't know what to expect in term of pricing, so I'm not floored with the price. He said approximately 8 month turnaround time.

You can't go wrong with one of Phil's cases. Brandon Pureza had Phil make his "Frankenstein" case and it was nuts!!!! Well worth the wait for his creative genius. It won't be cheap but it will be "ONE OF A KIND!" Too bad Brandon didn't keep it longer than he did.

8 months = CHRISTMAS!!!!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
You're right.

I felt I owed it to be able and see if there were other case makers out there who could make a non oval/square case.

Not cheap, is right. More than my stick and another stick, but in the grand scheme of things, worth it I believe.

Pace, IYHO is his time frame consistent or longer?

You can't go wrong with one of Phil's cases. Brandon Pureza had Phil make his "Frankenstein" case and it was nuts!!!! Well worth the wait for his creative genius. It won't be cheap but it will be "ONE OF A KIND!" Too bad Brandon didn't keep it longer than he did.

8 months = CHRISTMAS!!!!

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
You're right.

I felt I owed it to be able and see if there were other case makers out there who could make a non oval/square case.

Not cheap, is right. More than my stick and another stick, but in the grand scheme of things, worth it I believe.

Pace, IYHO is his time frame consistent or longer?

I can't tell you if his time frame is consistent or longer. I've never had him make me a case. I know Will Prout has had several cases done by Phil. You should ask him for better input. What I can compare it to is anything else that is custom made. 8 months is nothing for a true one of a kind custom job. There are plenty of great case makers on here that do great work. Most of them stay with the norm....square, round, oval, or soft cases. I have a sense you are looking for something way outside the norm. Phil is your guy IMHO. With him, you will be guaranteed to have a true work of art that also protects your cues. They are not for everyone. If you really see the beauty, creativity, and workmanship he puts into them....all the little details most will miss...8 months is a walk in the park.

Plus....what better Christmas present can you imagine? All I get is coal. You'd get a work of art!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I've only told Eastwood and one person from hometown about what I want done. I thought it was kind of an odd request, but it's odd in a "what the heck would you want that for" not odd in the intricacies that would be on it.

The case in and of itself will be rather plain. However the shape and color (green and yellow) will be what would set it apart.

I'm not a cue collector, and who knows if I'll even keep playing with the losing streak I've been on in the past year, but this case will be something that I'll have forever.

I can't tell you if his time frame is consistent or longer. I've never had him make me a case. I know Will Prout has had several cases done by Phil. You should ask him for better input. What I can compare it to is anything else that is custom made. 8 months is nothing for a true one of a kind custom job. There are plenty of great case makers on here that do great work. Most of them stay with the norm....square, round, oval, or soft cases. I have a sense you are looking for something way outside the norm. Phil is your guy IMHO. With him, you will be guaranteed to have a true work of art that also protects your cues. They are not for everyone. If you really see the beauty, creativity, and workmanship he puts into them....all the little details most will miss...8 months is a walk in the park.

Plus....what better Christmas present can you imagine? All I get is coal. You'd get a work of art!

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member

Yeah I sold Will Prout my Sitting Bull case and my Frankenstein case went to Tikkler.

I can't remember Phil's turnaround time but it wasn't that bad as I recall.

No one else could make a weird shaped case better than Phil, that's for sure. He's an amazing artist and used all types of mixed media to make everything from leather masks to crazy metal bicycle parts.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Phil Eastwood

Needless to say I am a big fan of Phil Eastwood's case creations. I have a dozen of them.

Benchmark. World class. Heirloom caliber. Genuine keepers, every one.

Depending on what you are seeking, price will vary a bit. Not cheap, but very high value per dollar spent.

Time to build could be a function of his current projects underway. Call him, you will be glad you did. I have never asked for a hard delivery date, but have never been disappointed by a case taking a lot longer than what I may have expected.

Will Prout