Custom Guitars and Pool Cues at Super Expo - who?

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I don't know anything about guitar construction, but I know that the beauty of Dan's guitars (and cues, of course) kept me at his booth for a while.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was at the Minneapolis trade show in the 90s….I believe it was Dan’s first set up. A group of Japanese cue collectors bought hm out in the first half hour. I told him “Danny, it’s official, you are now one of the elite.” A couple tears came…he was happy.
He said he shouldn’t have released the cues until the third day….all he had left were brochures.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm not mistaken, Dan started out as a luthier then picked up cue making. My very first custom (still have it), circa 1994 or 1995 was a DanBuilt I purchased from Best Billiards in Santa Ana, CA. The salesman? An aspiring cue maker by the name of Ariel Carmeli. Ariel told me Dan was a new, up and coming cue maker out of New York and the cue was one of his first. Not sure if that was the salesman in Ariel or the truth. All I know is I hit with about 10-15 cues that day before I landed on the DanBuilt. It's a great hitting cue.

35760733326_fc2b959fa9_o.jpg

35760733226_898f8b1aee_o.jpg

35760733046_3c5ca99a53_o.jpg