Darren Appleton vs. Danny Smith

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
i admit i played bad.. lack of play for 5 months didn't help.. my mindset was off and my game.. maybe i was burnt out also with all travel and play.. i needed a week or two to prepare i didn't get it.. my own fault.. against chip i played perfect same format.. and beat many other good players for money...

i will play again for sure when I'm ready in new year and we can double the bet no problem

but well done to danny he played well... but he should he plays one pocket every day...

and also just for record i bet a good portion of my own money... so i didn't the the game for a free role i ALWAYS BET some of my own money..

thats pool we win some and lose some... but i would like a rematch in new year double the bet..:)

It was a great match regardless. You are a class act.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i admit i played bad.. lack of play for 5 months didn't help.. my mindset was off and my game.. maybe i was burnt out also with all travel and play.. i needed a week or two to prepare i didn't get it.. my own fault.. against chip i played perfect same format.. and beat many other good players for money...

i will play again for sure when I'm ready in new year and we can double the bet no problem

but well done to danny he played well... but he should he plays one pocket every day...

and also just for record i bet a good portion of my own money... so i didn't the the game for a free role i ALWAYS BET some of my own money..

thats pool we win some and lose some... but i would like a rematch in new year double the bet..:)

darren

I think it's so cool you are starting to get into the world of one pocket!! Your words here make a lot of sense to me because you did play better on Chip!! This one hole is a different animal so you have to get right in your head. You were just coming off of a lot of rotation play with minimum preparation time. I have no doubt you will make a better account of yourself next time. Great sportsmanship with your comments and better luck next time!! Congrats to Danny Smith...

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Danny is right. But you all know Darren has a lot heart. I'm sure he will play Danny again. The show goes on.

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

darren

Danny is a friend of mine so, of course, I was pulling for him. That being said, you seemed like a true gentleman, Darren. You shook my hand and introduced yourself when I greeted you at the door. You also, as indicated by your post, seem to be a good sport as well. It was a great match to watch! I sat and watched nearly every minute! Good show!

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't imagine Danny not wanting to play Orcullo or anyone else for that matter. I have never heard of him turning down a challenge if it was possible for him to play. Orcullo like Darren, is a proven champion and one of my favorite players to watch. That said I would be rooting for Danny, and although he wouldn't be the favorite to win, he doesn't have to lose either!