Darren Appleton

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t seen any update on Darren’s status since Monday. Like everyone else, my prayers are with him. I just got done watching one of his YouTube videos from nine days ago so it must have been one of the last ones he posted before he had his heart attack. It was really eerie watching it knowing that a few days later he would be fighting for his life. Best wishes to him and his family. If anyone has any verifiable news, please post or let me know if I’ve missed anything.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1672263261725.png

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren has had a challenging 2022 on and off the table, but I wish him a very healthy 2023. I look forward to seeing the new and improved version.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk
I hope Darren proves me wrong, but I think his pro pool career is over. I think he will continue in pool in other ways... such as teaching the upcoming generation.

telinoz

Registered
I hope Darren proves me wrong, but I think his pro pool career is over. I think he will continue in pool in other ways... such as teaching the upcoming generation.
His Youtube channel is pretty good already.
So, if this does pan out this way he will still have a voice in the pool World.

Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery though.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
The priority right now is survival and then hopefully a full recovery. He can consider playing pool later after those 2 are accomplished
Can't put it any better.
Prayers for Daz and full recovery. The conditions he had to go through are hazardous, and until he is out of the hospital and is able to get back to common life, there is no guarantee the man is alright, unfortunately. Hope to see his cheerful grin again, and looking forward to him posting his drills routines. Keep fighting Darren!

telinoz

Registered
UPDATE FOR DARREN APPLETON
(January 1, 2023)
From Scott Frost - He’s been talking a lot which is great but at times getting a little frustrated or confused. He remembers a lot which is great and I think he probably just wants to go home. I’m certain he’s got a long road ahead but grateful to the family for their ongoing communication.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if his condition had anything to do with the drug test episode at the World Pool Championship ( He probably wasn't fealing good then, but didn't know it). Non typical symptoms (i.e. behavioral) can show up long before any physical symptoms come up.

I myself, in retrospect, had symptoms that were not considered typical.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would his career be over? Karen corr had heart surgery and breast cancer. She is ranked 1. Hope to see him competing again. Get well soon.