Sold Dave Matlock cue made by Doug Patrick

Sold Item

Trigger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Here is your chance to own a one of a kind "greatest barbox player ever" Dave Matlock cue. This cue was Dave's' personal playing cue for the last few years when he was sponsored by cue maker Doug Patrick.

This cue is in good Shape but does have some finish dings(nothing through the wood). If you know Dave you know that he shoots so low to the rail he tends to hit the forearm and ding the butt of his cue while playing so there are some finish dings but nothing a refinish wouldn't take care of to make perfect again and nothing a player would even worry about I just wanted to make buyer was aware.

This is a 58 inch even split 29/29 cue. Forearm is 4 long Ebony points into birdseye maple with Black,Blue,Green,Blue veneers. 16 MOP Diamond shaped inlays formed into big diamonds in the buttcap and an Ivory Hoppe ring. Cue has black joint collars with single silver ring. Butt is also already threaded for a predator extension in the bumper. Hoppe ring has "D.A.M. 11-6-18" written in it for Dave's initials and date of sponsorship started. Both shafts are in good shape and this cue hits amazing(one shaft has no tip currently) Specs/pics below, any questions feel free to message me.

Specs:
Straight together and apart
Butt- 15.1oz Radial pin
Shaft1 3.7oz and 12.5mm
shaft 2 3.9oz and 12.6mm

$sold Shipped to your door. Will also trade for the right cue send me what you have. thanks

11.jpeg

Attachments

• 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 13.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 14.jpeg
    14.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 15.jpeg
    15.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Hey when you're playing the Ft Wayne kid you gotta give a crooked rack sometimes
I was from Illinois. I think it was a 400 mile trip to Shorty's in FT Wayne. Long time ago. I had Matlock down five zip and then he gave me the crooked rack.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Matlock gave me a crooked rack at Shorty's at FT. Wayne and then said "sorry for the crooked rack". He did it on purpose.
Grow up. I'm sure you've been perfect your entire existence. Anything for some Boob Bert attention, eh? :)

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I could easily tell you all what a HOF player did to me in match play at the US Open in the Early 90's to win in the cash rounds.
But trashing Him is too easy, and not good for one's soul to roll.

Reactions: bbb

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
I could easily tell you all what a HOF player did to me in match play at the US Open in the Early 90's to win in the cash rounds.
But trashing Him is too easy, and not good for one's soul to roll.
I played fairly at all times. I could not bring myself to cheat anybody. It is not worth it for your soul.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I was from Illinois. I think it was a 400 mile trip to Shorty's in FT Wayne. Long time ago. I had Matlock down five zip and then he gave me the crooked rack.
I don’t think David Matlock ever gave a crooked rack in his life. If he smiled at you it was because he thought you were joking.
Not trying to change your opinion, just offering mine.

Will Prout

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
I don’t think David Matlock ever gave a crooked rack in his life. If he smiled at you it was because he thought you were joking.
Not trying to change your opinion, just offering mine.

Will Prout
You are dead wrong Will. Matlock walked up to me and said "sorry about the crooked rack". He did it on purpose.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
You could well be right, I wasn't there.
Just not sure what all of this is about in a For Sale thread.
I can attest that Dave Matlock is one of the players of the highest integrity in our entire sport.
I've known and watched him every week for over 30 years.
Might be more to the story.
Not in someone's thread though.
Will Prout

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
You could well be right, I wasn't there.
Just not sure what all of this is about in a For Sale thread.
I can attest that Dave Matlock is one of the players of the highest integrity in our entire sport.
Might be more to the story.
Not in someone's thread though.
Will Prout
I warmed up with Matlock. I noticed he played left handed if I remember right. He seemed like a nice guy. We both had lost a match, went to the losers bracket. I snapped the nine in on the fourth and fifth rack. He gave me the crooked rack. I saw it. I decided not to say anything. I think he did it to stop me from maybe snapping the nine in again. The race was to nine and I was up five to nothing. He ended up winning the match. He told me he couldn't out shoot me and that he had to beat me using defense. I was a good offensive player then but didn't have a lot of experience at defense. It was my first pro tournament. Anyway, that is what happened.

Pool artist

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played fairly at all times. I could not bring myself to cheat anybody. It is not worth it for your soul.
Good man my dad played Matlock in Oklahoma at truelove's back in the mid 80s Matlock gave bad racks when it was convenient that's pool it's a good game with cheaters.keep your integrity and play honest

Pool artist

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I warmed up with Matlock. I noticed he played left handed if I remember right. He seemed like a nice guy. We both had lost a match, went to the losers bracket. I snapped the nine in on the fourth and fifth rack. He gave me the crooked rack. I saw it. I decided not to say anything. I think he did it to stop me from maybe snapping the nine in again. The race was to nine and I was up five to nothing. He ended up winning the match. He told me he couldn't out shoot me and that he had to beat me using defense. I was a good offensive player then but didn't have a lot of experience at defense. It was my first pro tournament. Anyway, that is what happened.
Wow you must of been a great player my dad played Matlock many times in the Midwest yes my dad won most of the time.i traveled with him sometime I was a kid back then.better to lose than cheat .quote the rockst
8f5639ab0c0177caacc1496a5907d4d3.jpg

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   1
I remember the 10th time I beat efren …he gave me crooked racks also but I played so good it couldn’t slow me down …really good players can still win on a crooked rack…keep practicing amateurs