David Grossman...???

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching him play Nick on Accustats. Vaguely recall the name. Where from and is he still around? Thanks.........

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played him once in a tournament and lost by 2...I think we went to 11. 2005?

A couple folks told me I did well to get to where I did but nobody likes to lose.

Michael Fedak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David is still playing in Florida and is registered to play in the Florida State Open 8-Ball Championship on November 4 at Paradise Billiards in Lantana, Florida.

with player list

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Beat me one handed in one pocket when I was 19 and working at Marineland in St. Augustine Florida. I was a high diver and had a front vanity plate on Mitsubishi Colt that said rack em. Dave saw me pull up through the plate glass window and locked on and got me for a couple hundred.

He is definitely one of the old school hustlers who never comes off the stall imo. Went to his house once and he told me he put his kids through college and paid for the house with pool. I believe it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beat me one handed in one pocket when I was 19 and working at Marineland in St. Augustine Florida. I was a high diver and had a front vanity plate on Mitsubishi Colt that said rack em. Dave saw me pull up through the plate glass window and locked on and got me for a couple hundred.

He is definitely one of the old school hustlers who never comes off the stall imo. Went to his house once and he told me he put his kids through college and paid for the house with pool. I believe it.
God help the fool from out of state
Arriving all smiles and a vanity plate
One week of luck and the sky's the limit
No holding back now, in it to win it
Old bait and switch, done it again
Tapping his fingers on the ATM
Cash advances at twenty percent
Throw out the mobile, quit paying rent
Shady motel, heavy smokers
Wedding ring and a pawnbroker

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

these guys still around? clutch leftover guys, right??

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
these guys still around? clutch leftover guys, right??
I think company band was just a quick fun time thing. And just one clutch guy, Neil/ singer.

Clutch ain't got no leftovers, goddammit! Going strong. Last album is great and they just released 4 live albums, each a single show recorded from the soundboard between '92- '22.
Screenshot_20231017-090722.jpg

Screenshot_20210826-105426__01.jpg

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he try to hustle Nick?
I’m not sure if I know Nick, but this guy worked as a traveling pool player long before the internet. From what I saw the various times I ran into him at tournaments and a few rooms the best part of his game was matching up. And he played really strong.

I enjoyed watching him work, as long as it wasn’t me or one of my buddies he was playing.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I started to read and thought you were penning lyrics. I know that song! They need to do another EP.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Highdiver at Marineland?
Details...you just became even more interesting.